You will need to talk to CNN.

rstra
Grand Master

@domenicr  You will need to talk to CNN.

0 Kudos

Me too, and I am utterly disgusted! If HBO sold the right...

BLH11
Grasshopper

Me too, and I am utterly disgusted! If HBO sold the rights for CNN to broadcast Bill Maher then we should get their scheduled programming wherever we live! So watching on my laptop is no problem, but I can't watch on TV??? Even worse, if Bill Maher is scheduled but CNN interrupts for serious breaking news, as happened August 24th, during the 9 pm slot, what do we get? 10 year old Forensic files! Wasted hours trying to correct it last week. Someone tell me how we fight this, as CNN was one of the top three channels I insisted on having when I signed up for this package, and I had Bill Maher show up with no problem until a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos

@dominicr Same in Alberta! It is a rip-off!

BLH11
Grasshopper

Same in Alberta! It is a rip-off! 

0 Kudos

Crave has the rights in Canada.

rstra
Grand Master

@BLH11  Crave has the rights in Canada.

0 Kudos

-- if you (illegally) sign-up to a USA-based satellite-TV...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@domenicr -- if you (illegally) sign-up to a USA-based satellite-TV provider that offers CNN, and instsall their equipment, you will get the "full" CNN (USA) schedule.  Probably, this won't get you "CNN Europe". 

As others have written, the Canadian broadcast-rights for B.M.'s show are not held by CNN.  

Program "substitution" is not new.  If you watch the NHL's SuperBowl, you do not see the USA-only commercials -- the CRTC has allowed the Canadian broadcasters to substitute made-for-Canada ads.

0 Kudos

"I remember watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

"I remember watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson that was listed as "new", but was a rerun. Evidently, a studio light crashed to the floor, during taping. Carson was upset, and stopped the taping. NBC substituted a rerun, because "spit happons"."

is this a joke... ?  There was no printed TV guides that indicated "New" during the "Carson days" or any other program for that matter.

Only Repeats were noted like that generally... eg. [Repeat] and maybe the "Year" of original broadcast (no full dates yet and definitely no smeggin' "S05E16" useless non-sense)

Monday Nights were the "Guests Hosts", Tuesdays were "Best-Ofs" and W/Thur/Friday were "new broadcasts" for a "portion" of the year

0 Kudos

I love Bill Maher- now I can’t record it ! Just tried cal...

Grasshopper

I love Bill Maher- now I can’t record it ! Just tried calling Shaw to ask why and gave up waiting.

0 Kudos

Read this thread.

rstra
Grand Master

@1941 Read this thread.

0 Kudos