CNN showing "Forensic Files" instead of "Real Time with Bill Maher" right now

ba58112
Grasshopper

20240824_174744.jpg

The person I spoke to on live chat said there were no tickets current on the broadcaster's end

17 Replies

Me too!!  I am relieved to see this post. I've been going...

Emilieli
Grasshopper

Me too!!  I am relieved to see this post. I've been going bananas trying everything. Nothing has helped. 

0 Kudos

I have reset my cable, refreshed the channel list, unplug...

Emilieli
Grasshopper

I have reset my cable, refreshed the channel list, unplugged the TV for a while, etc. It seems all other channels are working fine. 

0 Kudos

I came across a thread on reddit in which someone suggest...

Emilieli
Grasshopper

I came across a thread on reddit in which someone suggested it is due to broadcasting rights for the Bill Maher show. So when that show comes on, CNN switches to Forensic Files (not sure why that, specifically LOL) but otherwise the programming should be normal. That theory seems to be holding up so far! 

0 Kudos

That is probably true as Crave has the HBO rights in Canada.

rstra
Grand Master

@Emilieli  That is probably true as Crave has the HBO rights in Canada.

0 Kudos

It's also possible that the information given by CNN (or...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

It's also possible that the information given by CNN (or any other program provider) to the company that produces the TV listings that Rogers/Shaw accesses is incorrect.  In that case, all Rogers/Shaw can do is to complain to the company that feeds them the TV listings, for that aggregator to complain to the source, namely CNN.

I remember watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson that was listed as "new", but was a rerun. Evidently, a studio light crashed to the floor, during taping. Carson was upset, and stopped the taping. NBC substituted a rerun, because "spit happons".

0 Kudos

Third time i tried watching Bill Maher. Same thing, subst...

donniekostek
Grasshopper

Third time i tried watching Bill Maher. Same thing, substitute Forensic Files. Smarten up Shaw! Or Roger?

0 Kudos

I noticed this too the past month and longer. Was able to...

domenicr
Grasshopper

I noticed this too the past month and longer. Was able to watch it before on Saturdays on CNN. It seems CNN is still airing Real Time with Bill Maher as its being manually switched to HLN Forensic Files because at the end of the Forensic Files show they manually switch it back and if switched back slightly too soon you're able to see the very ending only a second or so of Real Time with Bill Maher that was just aired. I live in Niagara Falls Ontario and have Cogeco. Is this happening throughout Ontario including Toronto with Cogeco, Rogers and Shaw? It seems they stop making it available in Ontario and maybe Canada through certain or more providers maybe as if they want more of their customers subscribing to HBO to watch Bill Maher there like its a trick or a cut back? Sad that Ontario or other provinces of Canada does this. Good time to check if Real Time with Bill Maher is on Bell tv or other providers to see if they also are making this awful cut back, if its still on there I may switch to them so I no longer get the switch happening to me.

0 Kudos

Rogers isn’t responsible for programs that are being aire...

rstra
Grand Master

@domenicr @donniekostek  Rogers isn’t responsible for programs that are being aired on a particular channel (unless it is one of their channels). I found another website that has confirmed that CNN doesn’t have the broadcast rights to Bill Maher in Canada, you would need to subscribe to Crave.

0 Kudos

Its still not fair because customers have paid for the CN...

domenicr
Grasshopper

Its still not fair because customers have paid for the CNN channel and all of its programming, not a cut up switch version. 

0 Kudos