CNN vs. FOX / prebuilt Small TV package issues

DJDiesel
Grasshopper

FOX News is the most watched news network by far!

How to remove CNN from per-build Small TV package or add FOX News into Shaw-Small TV package?

Who are we to approach/lobby to make this change?

Labels (1)
11 Replies

The small tv package isn’t offered anymore, so there is n...

rstra
Grand Master

The small tv package isn’t offered anymore, so there is nothing to change. People that are grandfathered on that package would need to add that channel as a pick and pay.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply... How can we remove CNN from ou...

DJDiesel
Grasshopper

Thank you for your reply...

How can we remove CNN from our channel lineup? It seems to be attached to the HD-box...

0 Kudos

I am wanting the SAME thing but with the ELIMINATION  of...

ogopogodude
Grasshopper

I am wanting the SAME thing but with the ELIMINATION  of that AWFUL channel called FOX NEWS  NETWORK.   This is just an awful channel since it is full of liars and idiots.  THESE people are the awful ones:  Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, Judge Jeanine Pirro ... and then the occasional idiot appearance by the guest host, Mark Levin.   ALL of those people listed previously are simply poor excuses for  human beings .....     I want to get offered to me a shaw cable package that is FOX NEWS FREE ..... THEN i will subscribe to Shaw Cable TV. 

Hi  , I have Shaw cable tv and I don't get that horrible...

g-idk
Master

Hi @ogopogodude , I have Shaw cable tv and I don't get that horrible FOX news.  The package I have is called limited tv for $25.00 a month and then I add via pick and pay or a particular theme pack only the channels that I want, simple and clean.  This might be an idea for you.  Otherwise glad you had a place to rant, even though Shaw will probably never see your post, since this is only a peer to peer discussion forum.  Have a great day. 

0 Kudos

Oh ... lol ... haha .. I was hoping that upper management...

ogopogodude
Grasshopper

Oh ... lol ... haha .. I was hoping that upper management at Shaw would actually SEE my post.   I really do detest any type of news (except LOCAL / municipal) on cable TV, as I simply do not trust the sources.  I go online for the REAL news.  Yes, .. i did in fact rant and it felt good.  But are you SURE that Shaw cable isn't just (secretly) hiding the channel FROM you ?!?  THIS would bother me even more ....   Another thing i rather hate is having repetitive channels of the SAME programming .. but then they "hide" it as HDTV high def. type of thing.    I do actually  like old channels like watching MASH episodes and even Three's company, Everybody Loves Raymond  .. .but I certainly  don't need four channels of essentially the same crap.  And who needs radio from India or news from Belarusa ... jus sayin.    If I was a cable tv channel executive ... i would be VERY accommodating to the consumers ... I am a dentist .. and I KNOW that patients don't like it when they are dictated treatment options that they simply don't want (due to cost or fear of surgery etc).    For that matter, ... when the hygienists clean teeth not everybody NEEDS the fluoride treatment .... (oh, oh .. i am starting to rant again ... sorry)

It angers the heck out of me that part of my large bill,...

Bambis27
Grasshopper

It angers the heck out of me that part of my large bill, goes to FOX. We should not have to fund them. 

0 Kudos

It is an add on channel, get Shaw to take it off your plan.

rstra
Grand Master

@Bambis27  It is an add on channel, get Shaw to take it off your plan.

0 Kudos

I tried and they said I can't remove it.

Bambis27
Grasshopper

I tried and they said I can't remove it. 

0 Kudos

You must be on a grandfathered plan that had it included,...

rstra
Grand Master

@Bambis27  You must be on a grandfathered plan that had it included, you could switch plans.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help