Jump to solution

connect tv, pvr (motorola dcx3400) and dvd player

Jane
Grasshopper

Can anyone tell this senior how connect tv, Motorola dcx34400 and a dvd player?    Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You don't mention the model of the TV but typically: 1) c...

Boight
Grasshopper

You don't mention the model of the TV but typically:

1) connect dcx34400 HDMI out to HDMI 1 in on the TV

2) connect DVD HDMI out to HDMI 2 in on the TV

Switch TV inputs, aka source, on the TV's remote.  When it's first setup you'll be using all 3 remotes, BUT, the included SHAW remote might be able to do at least minimal functions for all 3 devices. You just have to set it up according to directions that came with it. IF it can't, then there's lots of "universal remotes" that can do the job. Personally I really love my Logitech Harmony 650s. They require a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, they're indispensable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

You don't mention the model of the TV but typically: 1) c...

Boight
Grasshopper

You don't mention the model of the TV but typically:

1) connect dcx34400 HDMI out to HDMI 1 in on the TV

2) connect DVD HDMI out to HDMI 2 in on the TV

Switch TV inputs, aka source, on the TV's remote.  When it's first setup you'll be using all 3 remotes, BUT, the included SHAW remote might be able to do at least minimal functions for all 3 devices. You just have to set it up according to directions that came with it. IF it can't, then there's lots of "universal remotes" that can do the job. Personally I really love my Logitech Harmony 650s. They require a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, they're indispensable.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, I will give it a try. The tv is a...

Jane
Grasshopper

Thanks for your reply, I will give it a try. The tv is a Panasonic plasma 9 (yes I know its getting old but the picture is good and its cheaper than a new one) Thanks again

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help