Jump to solution

Connecting Blue curve to receiver and tv

WF5
Grasshopper

I have the following:

65" TCL tv

Yamaha RX V-385 receiver

Trying to connect to Blue Curve.  After 5 days of frustration, I am reaching out for help.  What do I plug in and where?  Please and thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I would connect the Yamaha HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC (usua...

rstra
Grand Master

@WF5  I would connect the Yamaha HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC (usually HDMI-1) on the TV. Then connect the BlueCurve to one of the HDMI ports in the TV. This way, any other devices connected to the TV, or the TV apps will use the Yamaha for audio. This is also important if your receiver does Atmos, as it needs HDMI for that to work. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

-- a few things: electrical power to the BlueCurve box....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@WF5 -- a few things:

1. electrical power to the BlueCurve box.
  2. HDMI cable from HDMI-output on the box to an HDMI-input socket on your TV.
  3. since your TV has multiple "inputs" (or "sources"), you need to select the HDMI-input socket as the "active" source, using the TV's remote-control.
  4. the BlueCurve box should have "audio-outputs" that you need to connect to the "audio-input" connectors on your Yamaha.  Or, some TVs have an "optical output" connector, to connect to the "optical input" connector on your Yamaha, so that your Yamaha can produce "surround-sound" audio output.
  5. electrical power to the Yamaha.
  6. you may need to configure the BlueCurve to activate the audio output from its audio-output connector into the Yamaha.  By default, the BlueCurve sends the audio-output through the HDMI cable, into your TV.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I would connect the Yamaha HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC (usua...

rstra
Grand Master

@WF5  I would connect the Yamaha HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC (usually HDMI-1) on the TV. Then connect the BlueCurve to one of the HDMI ports in the TV. This way, any other devices connected to the TV, or the TV apps will use the Yamaha for audio. This is also important if your receiver does Atmos, as it needs HDMI for that to work. 

Jump to solution

Thank you for your detailed response. I will work on this...

WF5
Grasshopper

Thank you for your detailed response. I will work on this today and let you know either way what happened.  Standby.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I followed the directions to the letter and everything wo...

WF5
Grasshopper

I followed the directions to the letter and everything works.  Huzzah!  Movie night tonight.  Thanks ever so much.

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it worked out.

rstra
Grand Master

@WF5  Glad to hear it worked out.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help