Last week Blue Ant Media announced that they would be ext...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Last week Blue Ant Media announced that they would be extending the free previews of Love Nature, Smithsonian, Makeful and T+E until April 30th plus they would also be making Love Nature available until April 30th. So what does SHAW do - they stop all Blue Ant free previews on the original end date of April 5th and they don't even bother making Love Nature available. Add this to the fact that SHAW has not added the Super Channel free preview despite Super Channel making their channels available free to all Canadian cable companies until the end of April. Take a look at what 2 other Canadian cable companies are currently making available to their customers:

Novus: https://www.novusnow.ca/promos

Tbaytel: https://www.tbaytel.net/personal/tv/programming/freepreviews

SHAW looks pretty chintzy right now. ☹️

Under the present isolation conditions I'm sure people ar...

wire2wire
Grasshopper

Under the present isolation conditions I'm sure people are watching more TV.  Why not open up ALL channels for a two day weekend. That way subscribers can see what channels they are missing and may opt to subscribe for more. It can do nothing but good for the Shaw network in it's daily battle with Bell/MTS .

0 Kudos

Sorry - that first sentence should actually be this: Last...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Sorry - that first sentence should actually be this: Last week Blue Ant Media announced that they would be extending the free previews of BBC Earth, Smithsonian, Makeful and T+E until April 30th plus they would also be making Love Nature available until April 30th.

0 Kudos

CNN (SD/HD) and BBC World News (SD)

michaelstein
Grasshopper

CNN (SD/HD)

and

BBC World News (SD)

0 Kudos

Apparently TLC and Nickelodeon are now also on a free pre...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Apparently TLC and Nickelodeon are now also on a free preview. I can't check as those 2 channels are already part of my TV package.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure just how accurate the dates are ( some like...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I'm not sure just how accurate the dates are ( some like The Fight Network, the Sportsman channel and the Hollywood suite channels are listed as being available for 2 weeks or less ) but SHAW has updated the " News and Free Previews " page with a bunch of new free previews:

https://www.shaw.ca/tv/programming/channels/news-and-free-previews

More free previews added for June: https://www.shaw.ca/tv...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Update: Title / Start / End Movietime June 1 June 18 ABC...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Update:

Title / Start / End

Movietime June 1 June 18

ABC Spark June 15 June 30
Adult Swim June 15 June 30
CNBC June 4 June 30
CTV News March 13 June 30
Disney Channel April 23 June 30
Disney Junior April 23 June 30
Disney XD April 23 June 30
DTOUR June 15 June 30
GMA Pinoy (Philippines) June 1 June 30
LCN (news in French) May 7 June 30
MSNBC June 4 June 30
Nickelodeon April 23 June 30
Telelatino April 23 June 30
Teletoon April 28 June 30
Treehouse March 13 June 30
Yoopa May 15 June 30
YTV April 23 June 30

Animal Planet June 2 July 9
CTV Life June 2 July 9
Discovery Velocity June 10 July 9

CTV Comedy June 18 July 23

Cartoon January 1 December 31

0 Kudos

Kind of odd but just a few days after their short free pr...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Kind of odd but just a few days after their short free previews ended both Silver Screen and Rewind are back on another free preview. This time they are both scheduled until July 31st.

0 Kudos

Silver Screen and Rewind no longer appear on the " News a...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Silver Screen and Rewind no longer appear on the " News and Free Previews " page but they both are still coming in for me. I'm guessing that they both will remain on free preview until July 31st as it showed earlier. Of course this does make you wonder if SHAW is also failing to list other free preview channels as they tended to do in the past.

0 Kudos