The BBC First free preview has been extended to May 7th.

bostonbob
Grasshopper

The BBC First free preview has been extended to May 7th. 

0 Kudos

That channel actually has some bbc programming.

rstra
Grand Master

That channel actually has some bbc programming.

0 Kudos

Super Channel is having a free preview on all 4 of their...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Super Channel is having a free preview on all 4 of their channels from June 14th to June 23rd. No word yet if SHAW will make them available.

from newswire.ca:

Super Channel is set to put the sizzle in summer with a nationwide free preview across all four of its channels (FuseHeart & HomeVault and GINX Esports TV Canada) plus Super Channel On Demand beginning June 14. The free preview will be available on all major cable providers across the country for 10 days, ending on June 23 (start times may vary, some exceptions apply, check with local provider for details).

They're still not listed on the " Free Previews " page bu...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

They're still not listed on the " Free Previews " page but the 4 Super Channel channels are now coming through. Their VOD stuff is not showing up yet but I expect that it will become available sometime Monday afternoon. 

Are there any Gateway customers here that are getting the...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Are there any Gateway customers here that are getting the Super Channel VOD library as part of this free preview ???? A BluCurve customer posted that he has access to the SC VOD library but so far I can't see it. 

Correction. I just tried to play a series from Super Chan...

rstra
Grand Master

@bostonbob Correction. I just tried to play a series from Super Channel on demand and the subscribe option comes up, so I can see the on demand but not play anything. 

0 Kudos

Well that's interesting. I'll try the " chat " option aga...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

@bostonbob Correction. I just tried to play a series from Super Channel on demand and the subscribe option comes up, so I can see the on demand but not play anything. 

Well that's interesting. I'll try the " chat " option again because the VOD option is definitely supposed to be available.

So I tried " chat " again and at least time the person I...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So I tried " chat " again and at least time the person I was talking with agreed that the SC VOD library should be available. Even though I had already done so just prior to our conversation he tried rebooting my Gateway again to see if that might help. That's when something strange happened - my Gateway completely froze at 3:56 and it took about 10 minutes to start up again after I pulled out the power cord. Anyway - my  Gateway is back up and running again but still no SC VOD. I was told the issue would be " escalated " so I guess now it's a wait and see thing. 

Sincr nobody at SHAW seemed to know why the Super Channel...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Since nobody at SHAW seemed to know why the Super Channel VOD was either not showing or not working correctly I e-mailed Super Channel last night. I just got the following response:

Hello Bob, Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunatley Shaw has opted not to participate in offering VOD as part of this free preview. Sorry for the unfortunate news.

Shayla O'Connor
Digital Engagement Coordinator

Thanks SHAW - nice job in not offering us something that was offered to you completely free. 

I didn't see it listed anywhere but I was checking out th...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I didn't see it listed anywhere but I was checking out the " Channel List " page on my Gateway and saw that Rewind is now on a free preview. I don't know when it started or when it will finish but it's coming through for me right now.

TALK TO US
We're here to help