Your frustration is understandable! I can confirm that  h...

shaw-monica

@bostonbob Your frustration is understandable! I can confirm that @shaw-darren has reached out to the team and they are looking into it. Thanks for the feedback! 

As for the Hollywood Suite free preview, no ETA  at the moment of when/if it will be included in the Free Channel Preview lineup, but if it is, it will be listed here: Free Channel Preview 

0 Kudos

Sounds good but I've been told this a few times before. A...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@shaw-monica wrote:

@bostonbob Your frustration is understandable! I can confirm that @shaw-darren has reached out to the team and they are looking into it. Thanks for the feedback! 

Sounds good but I've been told this a few times before. And every single time these type of screwups keep happening.

@shaw-monica wrote:

As for the Hollywood Suite free preview, no ETA  at the moment of when/if it will be included in the Free Channel Preview lineup, but if it is, it will be listed here: Free Channel Preview 

You are definitely more confident of this happening then I am. If all the free previews were posted correctly and on time then this entire thread would not exist. Please go back and read the entire thread - these types of screwups have been going on for at least 2.5 years now.

0 Kudos

I was just about to post that I couldn't find any new fre...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I was just about to post that I couldn't find any new free previews for December ( except for the Hollywood Suite one that I wasn't even sure if SHAW would make available ) when I noticed a huge update ( gasp - it was shockingly on time !!!!!!!!! ) on the SHAW Free Previews page. They've got about 15 free previews listed ( including Hollywood Suite ) starting on various dates for the month of December:  https://www.shaw.ca/tv/channels/free-previews

Of course they've still got the wrong logo / info for the Super Channel Heart & Home free preview but I guess it can't all be good. I don't usually say this but nice job SHAW. 👍

Your efforts are paying off.

rstra
Grand Master

@bostonbob Your efforts are paying off. 

0 Kudos

You'd think I would at least start getting a partial empl...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

@bostonbob Your efforts are paying off. 

You'd think I would at least start getting a partial employee discount on my bills. 😁

This is still one of my greatest annoyances with Shaw TV...

GeoPro1
Grasshopper

This is still one of my greatest annoyances with Shaw TV - the late updating of the Free Previews page. I check it regularly, and it irritates me every time I see a free preview posted a week before it expires after being on silently for a month already. Do the channels putting on these free previews ever wonder why they aren't getting the bump they expected from Shaw?

It's especially annoying because I still have the old Gateway system, and it has a problem they never fixed: it can only show "All Channels" or an edited static channel list. It's unable to show only subscribed channels and free previews.

0 Kudos

How do you find the actual channel # for the free preview...

wk211
Grasshopper

How do you find the actual channel # for the free preview channels?

0 Kudos

I used to have the old version ( where the portal is sepa...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@GeoPro1 wrote:

It's especially annoying because I still have the old Gateway system, and it has a problem they never fixed: it can only show "All Channels" or an edited static channel list. It's unable to show only subscribed channels and free previews.

I used to have the old version ( where the portal is separate from the main Gateway box ) of the Gateway and I was able to manually set it up so only my subscribed channels would show. Unless you have a different version I'm not aware of you can easily set it up on your Gateway although it will take you a few minutes to complete the process:

- click on the yellow PVR button ( top left on remote )
- go to the Settings icon ( 3 left clicks ) and click OK
- go down to Channel List then click OK
- now you just have to go through the entire channel list and then click OK on every channel you subscribe to and want to watch programming on. Be sure that a check mark appears in the small box on the far right of each channel that you want to watch programming on.

0 Kudos

Since channel numbers depends on what your location is th...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@wk211 wrote:

How do you find the actual channel # for the free preview channels?

Since channel numbers depends on what your location is the only thing I can recommend is to go to the Channel List on your Gateway and look for the channel you are looking for. If you have the BlueCurve system then somebody else will have to help you out.

0 Kudos

I just noticed on the Free Previews page that instead of...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I just noticed on the Free Previews page that instead of correcting their mistake and adding the Super Channel Heart & Home icon instead of the Super Channel Fuse icon the entire listing has been removed from the page. I'm now convinced that nobody from SHAW gives a crap about making sure this page is up to date and actually correct. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help