I noticed the removal, instead of correction, of the Supe...

ssllmm
Grasshopper

I noticed the removal, instead of correction, of the Super Channel preview too, very disappointing. 

I find it annoying that every once in awhile a Shaw employee feels the need to comment on this discussion topic, yet nothing changes. Last employee said she was reaching out to a "team" to address this. A team?!!!! Gosh I has assumed it must be a lone intern working one day a month for free.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up. We'll let our back-end support t...

shaw-daniel

@bostonbob Thanks for the heads up. We'll let our back-end support team know about the missing Super Channel Heart & Home on our free preview page and have it updated shortly.

0 Kudos

Hey Daniel - now do you see why we are so frustrated with...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@shaw-daniel wrote:

@bostonbob Thanks for the heads up. We'll let our back-end support team know about the missing Super Channel Heart & Home on our free preview page and have it updated shortly.

Hey Daniel - now do you see why we are so frustrated with the guys in charge of updating the Free Previews page ???? 10 days later and they still haven't added the correct Super Channel free preview. Maybe they'll add it on January 3rd - the day after the free preview ends. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. We'll follow up with the support t...

shaw-daniel

@bostonbob Thanks for the update. We'll follow up with the support team again.

0 Kudos

Might also want to let them know that  - BBC First free p...

ssllmm
Grasshopper

Might also want to let them know that 

- BBC First free preview cut out 2 days ago even thought it is posted on Shaw Free Preview page as being available until Jan 2

- Game Show network seems to be in free preview but this is not posted on Shaw Free Preview page

0 Kudos

Hey ssllmm - where are you located and which cable box ar...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@ssllmm wrote:

Might also want to let them know that 

- BBC First free preview cut out 2 days ago even thought it is posted on Shaw Free Preview page as being available until Jan 2

- Game Show network seems to be in free preview but this is not posted on Shaw Free Preview page

Hey ssllmm - where are you located and which cable box are you using ???? I'm in Vancouver and I use the Gateway system. I just checked and BBC First ( channel 249 in Vancouver ) is still coming through as a free preview but the Game Show Network ( channel 132 here in Vancouver ) is not listed as a free preview on my Channel List page nor is the channel coming through on my system.

0 Kudos

hi bostonbob, I have a Motorola DCX3200M HD Cable box, qu...

ssllmm
Grasshopper

hi bostonbob,

I have a Motorola DCX3200M HD Cable box, quite old! The BBCF is still not showing for me, odd as I had it for a few weeks. The Toon free preview also disappeared.

Definitely have Game Network, I watched, well tried to watch,  "Snakes on a Plane" the other day on it. A true Christmas classic!!!

0 Kudos

Hey there sslimm - I have never used the DCX3200M cable b...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@ssllmm wrote:

hi bostonbob,

I have a Motorola DCX3200M HD Cable box, quite old! The BBCF is still not showing for me, odd as I had it for a few weeks. The Toon free preview also disappeared.

Definitely have Game Network, I watched, well tried to watch,  "Snakes on a Plane" the other day on it. A true Christmas classic!!!

Hey there sslimm - I have never used the DCX3200M cable box so I'm not sure if this is the same as my Gateway but to get any channel you need to manually activate it. Is it possible that you or somebody else in your household deactivated the BBC First channel ???? Now when you say Toon channel are you referring to Teletoon ( channel 50 here in Vancouver ) or the Cartoon Network ( channel 91 ) ???? The Cartoon Network has been on a free preview for at least the last 2 years and has just been extended to December 31st - 2022. Like the BBC First channel you should just make sure the channel has been activated. In your first post you mentioned the Game Show Network but later mentioned the Game TV channel ( if you watched Snakes on a Plane then it was definitely the Game TV channel ) which is not on a free preview but should be coming through for you unless you have the Limited TV package. If you have any other TV package then you should be getting Game TV and Teletoon as part of your TV package plus free previews of BBC First ( until January 2nd ) and Cartoon Network ( until December 31st - 2022 ). First check and see that all of these channels are still activated and then try rebooting your cable box. Hopefully one of these options helps.

0 Kudos

Boy thanks for all the advice, you are a real gem. It was...

ssllmm
Grasshopper

Boy thanks for all the advice, you are a real gem.

It was the Teletoon (channel 50) that disappeared the same time as the BBCF channel. I will try your advice to try and get them back.

WRT "game" channel, it is channel 155 (my box just calls it Game), sorry for the confusion! I did not know there were two game related channels, who would think?!!!. I don't normally get this channel as I do have a very limited package, at least I did not think I did. I will see if it eventually disappears, perhaps I just stumbled across a channel I did not know that I have access to. Doh!!!

Anyway thanks again, you a real Santa elf! And apologies again for my misleading posts.

0 Kudos

Not a problem bud - did anything I suggest actually work...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@ssllmm wrote:

Boy thanks for all the advice, you are a real gem.

Not a problem bud - did anything I suggest actually work ????

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help