Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for the last few days and I...

jgroen
Grasshopper

I have been having this issue for the last few days and I noticed that Shaw said last week that they were looking into this. Has the problem been fixed on every ones box?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No .. not resolved.. mine is on and shaw.tech  doesn't se...

K1200s
Grasshopper

No .. not resolved.. mine is on and shaw.tech  doesn't seem to have an answer.// specifically//. I too have a sluggish response to the PVR when . stop. fwd .rev .    et el , 

HOWEVER.. what we did .. in the order we did it is:

disconnect co ax cables .. at box, at wall , at modem for ~ 2 minutes.  disconnect  then reconnect pwr on modem.

connect modem co ax,    connect co ax onto bluesky box... 

disconnect power on bluesky box for 1 minute.  then pwr up bluesky box , turn on tv 

then we connected co ax   at wall .. restarted bluesky 

Results:  response to imput on remote now lightning fast : fwd . rev. play   et el 

ALSO :  change in Netflix interaction and display.. for example , the number of displayed items

in a row to choose from has increased   x2, and they load much faster.. 

Now you may think that there is no logic to sequence of disconnections and reconnections, and 

perhaps there isn't.. certainly seems some are redundant  imho, but that is the random way I did it.

it works

And why Netflix difference  , dunno .. but there was from 11:00 am to noon ,, so in an hour or so 

which corresponded to the reboot described...     so...

My thought , there was a major update/upgrade to the box interaction out of comcast , whom the 

boxes are from and who puts forward the updates... why shaw tech wouldn't know is not known , but

would NOT be the first time I encountered it... 

best of luck to all.. 

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same issues. looking at comments i...

murman01
Grasshopper

I'm having exactly the same issues. looking at comments it would seem one heck of a lot of people are experiencing the same. calling shaw tomorrow, see what happens.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Also having the same issue. Tried restarting and everythi...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Also having the same issue. Tried restarting and everything. Shaw has no answer. Not good ....

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Mine has been on for a few days now...no notifications or...

14gord
Grasshopper

Mine has been on for a few days now...no notifications or messages associated.  Don't know if it's related, but fast forward doesn't work like before.....on first press, the video would advance by 4-second jumps.  Not anymore......

Jump to solution

> the PVR is not working properly. > If I try to rewind a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> the PVR is not working properly.

> If I try to rewind a live show (not recorded), it won’t go back.

> Also, if I pause a show and come back, when I click play, it goes to the live broadcast.

> If I try to rewind, it will rewind, and then I press play, and it goes to live.

I once had a brand-new PVR with those symptoms. The internal disk-drive was defective -- I could hear the disk-drive noisily working hard to try-and-retry-and-retry to record (scheduled or live feed). Shaw quickly replaced the PVR. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I did same thing yesterday, and it went off.  But today,...

CACR
Grasshopper

I did same thing yesterday, and it went off.  But today, it's back on again. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having exactly the same problem.  The support team d...

JacknDebbie
Grasshopper

I am having exactly the same problem.  The support team did a refresh of my cable box and we rebooted the cable box at least 1/2 dozen times.  The light stays off after each reboot for as little while but eventually comes back on.  There are no message waiting for me. The support reps told me they have no idea why this is happening.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We are having the exact same issue   We noticed the close...

Zapper66
Grasshopper

We are having the exact same issue   We noticed the closed captioning is lagging as well as when we change channels it takes seconds to load 😳. Will try rebooting the PVR 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I managed to get the light to go off - haven't seen it in...

robmann
Grasshopper

I managed to get the light to go off - haven't seen it in a week. I went into the power saver feature and turned that off. If the light is currently on move down to Device Lights - Power Light Brightness - changed the brightness to anything and return it to where it was if you like. Leave the setup screens and your light should be off.

Not a fix but it does get rid of the annoying light

Shouldn't be too difficult for Shaw to fix

TALK TO US
We're here to help