Descriptive audio is default audio on the show Accused

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

This week and last week, the show Accused, on FOX, has descriptive audio in the default audio. Last week I had to switch it to audio 2, this week audio 3 to get rid of it. And last week Will Trent (on ABC?) also had descriptive audio.

Why is that happening? (I have Gateway.)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

That would be an issue with the network, is SAP turned on...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  That would be an issue with the network, is SAP turned on for your TV? Some networks will use SAP for descriptive audio. Is the show also carried in CTV or Global, did you try this channels?

0 Kudos

SAP is not turned on my TV, since I can change the audio...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

SAP is not turned on my TV, since I can change the audio through the PVR it has to be the show itself. I've heard that watching these shows on demand do not have the problem. I'll test it out next week!

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos

I will record it, see what happens with BlueCurve.

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  I will record it, see what happens with BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

Thank you. Also, I realized it wasn't Will Trent, it was...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

Thank you. Also, I realized it wasn't Will Trent, it was Next Level Chef, also on FOX. I think those are the only two shows I record on FOX.

0 Kudos

This week for some reason my series recording of Accused...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

This week for some reason my series recording of Accused did not work but I managed to record it on FOX Seattle. The audio was not descriptive audio.

0 Kudos

I forgot to set the recording, but I am recording top lev...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  I forgot to set the recording, but I am recording top level chef tonight. I switched a couple of recordings from CTV to FOX because our local CTV feed was in standard definition and Shaw took forever to fix it. 

0 Kudos

It's so weird. I have a series recording of Next Level Ch...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

It's so weird. I have a series recording of Next Level Chef at 8pm, then I set a one off recording for 11pm. The 8pm recording does not show in my scheduled recordings. I set it up as a one off so I can compare.

0 Kudos

Tonight's Next Level Chef on FOX at 8pm has descriptive a...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

Tonight's Next Level Chef on FOX at 8pm has descriptive audio as default audio feed. Seems to be a FOX thing. 

0 Kudos

No descriptive audio here, do you have other TVs?

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  No descriptive audio here, do you have other TVs?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help