This was such a wonderful surprise seeing this had been a...

darcy48
Grasshopper

This was such a wonderful surprise seeing this had been added! Thank you Shaw!Now if Disney+ can be added  that would be the best Christmas present ever!

Shaw Bluecurve hardware is Comcast xFinity, I believe it'...

RSB
Grasshopper

Shaw Bluecurve hardware is Comcast xFinity, I believe it's Comcast who makes those add-on apps, not Shaw.  

Comcast will soon offer it's own streaming service called Peacock to compete with all others (Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc). There's also AppleTV+ and HBO Max. 

So it's an easy bet we'll get a Peacock app. Not sure about any others. Hope they don't remove Netflix and Prime once Peacock launches.    

Personally I think it would be stupid to take that kind of anti-competitive stance. But there is going to be so many different streaming services coming I think the best bet is to not rely on Bluecurve and use alternate hardware to put any\all streaming services on your TV screen.  Smart TV, Apple or Android TV box, Chromecast, Roku, etc.     

0 Kudos

I second that! I would like to see Disney Plus as part of...

trez-s
Grasshopper

I second that! I would like to see Disney Plus as part of the Shaw Channel Line Up. I also would like to see Netflix as part of the Shaw Channel Line Up.

“Personally I think it would be stupid to take that kind...

rickatk
Master

“Personally I think it would be stupid to take that kind of anti-competitive stance. But there is going to be so many different streaming services coming I think the best bet is to not rely on Bluecurve and use alternate hardware to put any\all streaming services on your TV screen.  Smart TV, Apple or Android TV box, Chromecast, Roku, etc. “

I agree in part...Dropping popular streaming services like Netflix and Amazon in favour of a competing service like Peacock would definitely cause customers to move off the Blue Curve platform. Neflix’s meteoric rise was due in part to being available on hardware everywhere. Apple and Roku is enjoying similar success because they have a lot of apps on their platforms. 

BlueCurve(Comcast) is headed in the same direction by adding more services and apps. Plus with the added benefit of live tv and Cloud PVR the cable streaming platform is remaining relevant.

I looked at Peacock, reminds me of Crave TV.

0 Kudos

How about now? Any Disney plus?

Jamber70
Grasshopper

How about now? Any Disney plus? 

I really doubt that the peacock streaming service will be...

j1141
Grasshopper

I really doubt that the peacock streaming service will be in canada anytime soon

0 Kudos

You can get Amazon Prime on shaw bluesky …. I use it... I...

MasterDiver
Grasshopper

You can get Amazon Prime on shaw bluesky …. I use it... I do hope that Disney + comes though

If you already have an Amazon Prime membership you can up...

Harvey23232003
Grasshopper

If you already have an Amazon Prime membership you can upload the Amazon (PRIME VIDEO) APP

0 Kudos

I want to express my disappointment too. Disney + subscri...

RandRWhistler
Grasshopper

I want to express my disappointment too. Disney + subscriptions are increasing significantly. The addition of this app should be of high priority for Shaw. 

2020 almost over..C'mon Shaw and step up your game alread...

Enigma1
Grasshopper

2020 almost over..C'mon Shaw and step up your game already and add Disney +

TALK TO US
We're here to help