Does shaw have a customer rights document

PeteF
Grasshopper

Is there a customer rights and responsibilities document created by Shaw? If so, where would I be able to find links to such a documents? In particular I would like to be informed of what responsibilities Shaw has towards their customers? If there is such a document or a policy or practice manual section that spells out these rights and responsibilities please provide me with a link or PDF copy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

There is the Internet Code on the CRTC website, you can g...

rstra
Grand Master

There is the Internet Code on the CRTC website, you can google it. 

0 Kudos

-- from a Shaw web-site: The Canadian Radio-television an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PeteF -- from a Shaw web-site:

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has established a mandatory code of conduct (Internet Code) for Internet service providers (ISPs) effective as of January 31, 2020. The Internet Code is designed to make it easier for Canadians to understand their Internet service contracts, to prevent bill shock, and to make it easier for Canadians to switch ISPs. It ensures customers benefit from increased clarity in their interactions with ISPs; from clearer prices, including for bundles, promotions, and time-limited discounts; and from increased clarity around data usage, service calls, outages, and disconnections. You can find more information regarding the Internet Code here: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/codesimpl.htm

Bill Shock? A distant relative of the late, great, Eddie Shack?   🙂

Look into a mirror at the numbers on the back of his sweater, to see "ES" -- his initials.

0 Kudos

I did not ask for the Isp document I asked if you have yo...

PeteF
Grasshopper

I did not ask for the Isp document I asked if you have your own document.

0 Kudos

1)  This is a peer to peer help forum, not a direct Shaw...

g-idk
Master

1)  This is a peer to peer help forum, not a direct Shaw support forum.  2)  The information you were given is what Shaw is bound by, if they have their own document it would be based on those.  3)  Have you read the terms and conditions section on the Shaw web pages, might be an answer in there.  4)  Is there something in particular that you were wondering about?.  5) No need to be condescending, we can read.  @rstra and @mdk  just tried to help. 

-- I did not ask for the Isp document I asked if you have...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PeteF -- I did not ask for the Isp document I asked if you have your own document.

Welcome to this forum.

While reading this message, please scroll-down to the bottom, and take the time to read the "House Rules".

By the way, the text that I cited came from a Shaw web-site, as you requested.

It sounds like you're looking for the 'Joint Terms of Ser...

shaw-valerie

@PeteF It sounds like you're looking for the 'Joint Terms of Service' document which can be found on our Terms of Use  page. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help