The Xbox and Xi6 box both are connected to an Anthem MRX1...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

The Xbox and Xi6 box both are connected to an Anthem MRX1120 receiver. 

Yes, the TV supports Dolby Atmos passthrough. however with my setup you don’t need it as the receiver does all the sound and video processing so that is not relevant. 

Yes, everything in my system is 100% Dolby Atmos compatible, including the cables. the system was fully Dolby Atmos BEFORE shaw bluecurve. 

I have ARC but don’t need it as I don’t return audio from the TV to the receiver.

All cables and inputs used when I was using the Shaw Gateway Unit are identical. I had no issues streaming Dolby Atmos then. All I’ve done is replaced the equipment with new shaw equipment. 

That path you asked me to check doesn’t exist. When I go to preferences I only see General and Notifications as an option  

0 Kudos

Wrote: That path you asked me to check doesn’t exist. Whe...

rickatk
Master

@Chadrl  Wrote: That path you asked me to check doesn’t exist. When I go to preferences I only see General and Notifications as an option  

Apologies...that should read: devices settings>audio>HDMI audio detect. The reason I am suggesting this is to see if you can get a reading about what the Xi6 box will push to your Atmos receiver. My setup (Bose Sound bar) the audio detect is showing Dolby Plus which is correct for virtual surround speakers and my other Xi6 devices do detect the audio capabilities of the TV’s optical connection (stereo) in once case and TV audio card (DTS 5.1) in another.

I have done a little digging around on this question. Atmos on Xi6 boxes is not looking very promising except to say the wireless player is supposed to be set to “expert” for Atmos but I gather you are not having much luck with that.

0 Kudos

Mine shows device settings > audio > HDMI Audio Output. I...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

Mine shows device settings > audio > HDMI Audio Output. I assume that is what you are referring too. 

It shows it will play the best Dolby Audio available. 

Shows that I know are Dolby Atmos, ie the Witcher on Netflix, don’t show that it is available when using the shaw TV box. When I use the Xbox it does show that Dolby Atmos is available, but it won’t stream. It Freezes. Never did that with the old Shaw equipment. Only started with the new modem. 

Are there any ports on the bluecurve modem that need to be opened? Do I just need to bridge the modem? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help