Dolby Atmos not Working

Chadrl
Grasshopper

Just upgraded to the new Bluecurve system and I can no longer play Dolby Atmos tracks in Netflix either from the TV app or my Xbox One X. 

I have the set the Audio to expert mode for the Bluecurve TV box. Still no Dolby Atmos option is available for movies I know have Dolby Atmos in Netflix. 

At least in the Xbox One X I can see the Dolby Atmos track. When I play a movie with one though, it hangs. Non-Dolby Atmos movies will play in Netflix, unless I have tried to play a movie with Dolby Atmos. Since the Xbox is separate from the Bluecurve TV portal I can only assume it is a setting in the Bluecurve modem? 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Try unplugging the HDMI cable to your BlueCurve Box and r...

rickatk
Master

Try unplugging the HDMI cable to your BlueCurve Box and receiver. Create a new handshake by plugging back in the cable. Rebooting the BlueCurve box might help too.

0 Kudos

Thanks. I have reset all connections, rebooted all device...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

Thanks. I have reset all connections, rebooted all devices. there is no change Dolby Atmos still won’t stream. I can change the sound output on the Xbox to only allow 5.1 and the movies will play, only in 5.1 though. I have also confirmed when playing a bluray on my Xbox Dolby Atmos does work. 

the only change to my system is the Bluecurve modem. Dolby Atmos worked perfectly before this “upgrade”  

This is my setup to get to the Xbox for Netflix Streaming. 

blue-curve modem to gigabit switch to gigabit switch to Xbox one x to anthem MRX1120.  

thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos

I have now also tried the wireless setting. Great speed b...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

I have now also tried the wireless setting. Great speed but still no luck. 

Does the bluecurve simply not support Dolby Atmos? 

does anyone have a successful setup with shaw bluecurve and a Dolby Atmos sound system? 

0 Kudos

I looked at my boxes. I have one that is connected to a s...

rickatk
Master

@Chadrl 

I looked at my boxes. I have one that is connected to a simple Bose Solo speaker via Optical. Audio Auto detect only shows stereo. Then I looked at my Bose Sound Bar connected by HDMI ARC. Audio Auto Detect shows Dolby Digital Plus. This is not surprising. Seems the Auto Detect will provide the output that matches your audio gear. Have you tried connecting your XI6 Box hooked up to your audio gear for a reading? Assuming your audio gear is capable of Atmos.

0 Kudos

Hi.  Just to be clear. The only change to my system has...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

Hi. 

Just to be clear. The only change to my system has been the new shaw bluecurve modem and TV boxes. Previously I was using a Shaw Gateway system with a Hitron modem. Everything worked great including Dolby Atoms sound. The new gear is set up identical to the old shaw gear, aside from the wireless TV boxes, they’re wireless   

It seems this new Bluecurve hardware is not as capable as the old. I don’t know of it’s the modem or the TV boxes. I was on a 2 hour chat with shaw support tonight and they couldn’t even confirm if the bluecurve TV box supports Dolby Atmos?!?!?!

I’m pretty disappointed with this new product, of course that I’m stuck with for two years. 

0 Kudos

Dolby Atmos is currently not available on some BlueCurve...

shaw-valerie

@Chadrl Dolby Atmos is currently not available on some BlueCurve TV equipment (this is tracked under ticket: PRB0049811) however, this should not have any impact on other devices in your home, just content that you view via the BlueCurve TV box, so if you're accessing Netflix from your Xbox or on the app built into a smart TV, issues with those devices would be unrelated to this. I'd recommend checking in with Mircrosoft support or Netflix as a start to work on the Atmos issues you're seeing in the Netflix for Xbox app. 

0 Kudos

This is very important information that needs to be share...

Chadrl
Grasshopper

This is very important information that needs to be shared with your customers. Even low end audio systems support Dolby Atmos. I’m amazed you would sell a new product that is less capable than a 5 year old device!!?!?!

”Some” is not good enough. 

Your customers deserve to know exactly which of your products do not support basic sound formats. 

I am amazed at this. Why would anyone enter into a contract with a company that has decades old tech in their equipment!?! Yes decades. Dolby Digital Plus has been around for over ten years. Dolby Atmos 4 years. 

I have looked around curious about the question of BlueCu...

rickatk
Master

@Chadrl wrote:

Just upgraded to the new Bluecurve system and I can no longer play Dolby Atmos tracks in Netflix either from the TV app or my Xbox One X. 

I have the set the Audio to expert mode for the Bluecurve TV box. Still no Dolby Atmos option is available for movies I know have Dolby Atmos in Netflix. 

At least in the Xbox One X I can see the Dolby Atmos track. When I play a movie with one though, it hangs. Non-Dolby Atmos movies will play in Netflix, unless I have tried to play a movie with Dolby Atmos. Since the Xbox is separate from the Bluecurve TV portal I can only assume it is a setting in the Bluecurve modem? 

Thanks for your help. 

I have looked around curious about the question of BlueCurve wireless boxes and Dolby Atmos. Even after scouring the Comcast and Rogers sites I can’t seem to get a definitive answer. Soooo.... 

@shaw-valerie @shaw-tony Do the BluCurve Xi6 boxes support Dolby Atmos?

0 Kudos

Just to confirm: Does your TV support Atmos pass - thru?...

rickatk
Master

@Chadrl wrote:

Hi. 

Just to be clear. The only change to my system has been the new shaw bluecurve modem and TV boxes. Previously I was using a Shaw Gateway system with a Hitron modem. Everything worked great including Dolby Atoms sound. The new gear is set up identical to the old shaw gear, aside from the wireless TV boxes, they’re wireless   

It seems this new Bluecurve hardware is not as capable as the old. I don’t know of it’s the modem or the TV boxes. I was on a 2 hour chat with shaw support tonight and they couldn’t even confirm if the bluecurve TV box supports Dolby Atmos?!?!?!

I’m pretty disappointed with this new product, of course that I’m stuck with for two years. 

Just to confirm:

Does your TV support Atmos pass - thru?

Are your source players (XBox, Xi6 box) connected to your TV or an Atmos receiver.

Is your audio gear connected using e- arc. 

Are you using HDMI 2.0 or higher cables?

What reading do you get on your Xi6 box when you look at  Prefs>Devices>Auto?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help