Jump to solution

DVD player and Shaw Gateway box

pcryan
Grasshopper

How can you connect a DVD player via a Shaw Gateway box? I have the main Gateway box in one room and the remote (Arris Portal MP2150) in another.

Using RCA cables I want to connect a DVD player to the Arris Portal MP2150 box.

Help? Thanks all!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Sounds like the HDMI switcher would be an easier solution...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@pcryan wrote:

I had the connection direct via HDMI in my gym but now that the DVD Player is in my living room - and the TV is wall mounted with HDMI cable inside the walls ... makes it a challenge. I guess if worse comes to worse i will have to run a 2nd HDMI thru the walls or use a HDMI switcher. 

Sounds like the HDMI switcher would be an easier solution as long as you have a spot to place it on. By the way - a lot of newer TVs have cable inputs either on the side or on the front which would make it possible to just use the HDMI cables.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

Why do you want to do this?

rstra
Grand Master

Why do you want to do this?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No you don't - you connect the DVD player to the TV. By t...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@pcryan wrote:

How can you connect a DVD player via a Shaw Gateway box? I have the main Gateway box in one room and the remote (Arris Portal MP2150) in another.

Using RCA cables I want to connect a DVD player to the Arris Portal MP2150 box.

No you don't - you connect the DVD player to the TV. By the way - it's much better to connect it the DVD player to the TV via an HDMI cable or component cables ( red, green and blue ) as it will give you a much better picture.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks Boston Bob The RCA cables are an ugly compromise....

pcryan
Grasshopper

Thanks Boston Bob

The RCA cables are an ugly compromise.

I had the connection direct via HDMI in my gym but now that the DVD Player is in my living room - and the TV is wall mounted with HDMI cable inside the walls ... makes it a challenge. I guess if worse comes to worse i will have to run a 2nd HDMI thru the walls or use a HDMI switcher. 

Cheers

~P

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sounds like the HDMI switcher would be an easier solution...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@pcryan wrote:

Sounds like the HDMI switcher would be an easier solution as long as you have a spot to place it on. By the way - a lot of newer TVs have cable inputs either on the side or on the front which would make it possible to just use the HDMI cables.

Jump to solution

Bizarrely the front HDMI input is a Godsend for us at wor...

pcryan
Grasshopper

Bizarrely the front HDMI input is a Godsend for us at work as we use them with our patient information / tracking panels at hospitals. Installs cost us a lot less.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help