Equipment Return

question
Grasshopper

Is Shaw extending equipment return deadline until retail locations are open again? I am not comfortable sending the equipment via mail.

Labels (1)
28 Replies

At this time, the available return option would be via Ca...

shaw-valerie

@question At this time, the available return option would be via Canada Post, get in touch with us here to arrange a return by mail.

With outstanding rental equipment, your account would be charged for the cost of the equipment, and once the equipment is returned those charges are reversed so there isn't necessarily a deadline for returns, however if you allow those charges to remain on your account it can cause your account to become past due. 

0 Kudos

Past due means Shaw is going to put customer accounts int...

question
Grasshopper

Past due means Shaw is going to put customer accounts into collections although Shaw is not providing an option to return in person? I have many issues with return by mail. First, it could get lost in the mail which means I am still on the hook over $600 for the equipment which is probably worth less than $200. Your mailing label is uninsured. Second, the person receiving the equipment may not account for the equipment properly. Third, if I am self-isolating I cannot go to the post office. 
How will Shaw address these concerns?

Putting customer accounts into past due and to collections while not providing an in person return option is a very heavy handed move in these current conditions. If this is the case then people who would like to return equipment in person should be advised!!

> I am not comfortable sending the equipment via mail. Pa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I am not comfortable sending the equipment via mail.

Pay more to Canada Post to get a "tracking-number" for the package. Then you and Shaw can check the progress of the package, and it is proof that you gave the equipment to the Canada Post clerk for them to deliver to Shaw.

> Past due means Shaw is going to put customer accounts into collections ...

Really?  Are you authorized to speak about Shaw's policies?

I have helped a retired friend whose Shaw bill is due on the 1st of each month, and whose pension payments are deposited at the end of each month. She was in the habit of paying her Shaw bill on the 1st, at her bank, when she knew that she had money in her account. Of course, by the time that her bank remitted the payment to Shaw, and Shaw credited her account, her payment was "overdue". So, every month, Shaw would add another "late-fee", and it got worse-and-worse -- over $1000 "extra".  Finally, to Shaw's credit, she and Shaw came to an agreement that was absolutely satisfactory to her. At no point did Shaw send her account to a collection agency.

It's an easy process, we updated to BlueCurve, they sent...

dllb
Grasshopper

It's an easy process, we updated to BlueCurve, they sent the equipment and return labels for our old equipment

We packaged up our old equipment and put a label on it and shipped it off.. All done

more info at the following link:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/billing-account-articles/how-to-return-shaw-equipment/ta-p/6233

P.S. You don't pay extra for a tracking number, the number is already printed on the return label you can lookup after it's processed

Verified by my wife who works at the local Post Office

0 Kudos

> Past due means Shaw is going to put customer accounts i...

question
Grasshopper

> Past due means Shaw is going to put customer accounts into collections ...

Really? Are you authorized to speak about Shaw's policies?

I am not authorized to speak about Shaw's policies but this is directly from a Shaw rep. This is their response when I asked to chat with a manager who can make a decision about not being able to return equipment in person before due date.

"For sure i can make a decision here as after 20th April account is automatically goes to collection and that is default we cannot change"

I disconnected mid March. They closed their retail locations. I do not want to send back via mail and now they say account will go into past due and to collections even if they don't re-open before then.

0 Kudos

Any process is easy when there are no issues. Big headach...

question
Grasshopper

Any process is easy when there are no issues. Big headache and waste of time when issues arise. You are responsible for the full inflated price of the equipment until it is scanned at their facility and accepted in the system.

0 Kudos

My account was already being closed, as I was not able to...

Displeased
Grasshopper

My account was already being closed, as I was not able to make my payments. When the pandemic struck, I was stuck with the equipment. I received a notice saying I have 14 days to return the equipment. I don't own a phone of any kind, and when I contacted Shaw, they said to drop it off at a retail location. When I arrived at the location, they told me I need to mail the return. They have no concern for the customers health or wellness, only that of their staff.

0 Kudos

Here is all the info you need: https://support.shaw.ca/t5...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

I totally agree! If Shaw wants their equipment back while...

question
Grasshopper

I totally agree! If Shaw wants their equipment back while their retail locations are closed then they need to provide an alternate drop off option. If by mail only then they should arrange for a courier to pick up the equipment at the customer’s residence. Forcing customers to return within the 14 day timeframe and return by mail only while Shaw retail locations are closed is how a company should treat it’s customers. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help