> Forcing customers to return within the 14 day timeframe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Forcing customers to return within the 14 day timeframe and return by mail only while Shaw retail locations are closed is how a company should treat it's customers. 

I think that you dropped the word "not" after "should".

When I returned my previous cable-modem, the shipping-label was provided by Shaw, and Canada Post gave me one of their tracking-numbers for the parcel. If there is any dispute, tell Shaw the tracking-number, to prove that Canada Post received it, and that they scanned it, at various points in its (not "it's") path to the destination.  QED.

I think the retail outlets are opening up again, so you c...

rstra
Grand Master

I think the retail outlets are opening up again, so you can drop them off there.

0 Kudos

From Shaw's web-site, I know that selected retail outlets...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From Shaw's web-site, I know that selected retail outlets have re-opened, but only in BC & Alberta.

Sorry, Winnipeg. Sorry, Moose Jaw. Sorry, Salt Spring Island.

I still think that having a Canada Post tracking-number is proof that cannot be disputed.

0 Kudos

You were right on all accounts. This exact scenario happe...

Beggsy35
Grasshopper

You were right on all accounts. This exact scenario happened to me. My package has been "Out for Delivery" since May 4th. I've gotten three notices of overdue balances and a threat to send it to collections if equipment isn't received. They've also placed the onus on me to figure out the dispute with Canada Post before anything further action can be taken on their end. Meanwhile my account is being charged interest while the balance is outstanding. Glad I switched to Telus.

0 Kudos

You'd think so...but alas, you're mistaken. They won't li...

Beggsy35
Grasshopper

You'd think so...but alas, you're mistaken. They won't lift a finger until I sort it out with Canada Post.

0 Kudos

While select retail locations are re-opening, our retail...

shaw-valerie

@rstra While select retail locations are re-opening, our retail stores are not currently accepting equipment returns, all returns are currently being handled via the process you've linked here.

0 Kudos

I returned my Shaw blue curve ( with the prepaid return s...

unhappycustome
Grasshopper

I returned my Shaw blue curve ( with the prepaid return sticker) over 2 weeks ago via Canada Post because all the outlets were closed. The package is now missing and who knows where it is! Now Shaw has charged my account for unreturned equipment that I don't even have!!! I am not impressed. They have said once they find it they will reverse the charges, but what it it never gets found?? How is this my fault?? I returned the equipment the appropriate method!! I called Shaw and asked for the postal code of the warehouse it was supposed to be returned to so I could give this info to Canada Post in Shoppers and they may be able to track it. Shaw didn't know the postal code?? Shaw asked me for the tracking number as well (that I didn't write down). There was no instructions in the return box indicating I need to take note of this number either!! Again, not my fault ; yet I am being charged for this broken equipment not in my possession!!

> my account is being charged interest [by Shaw] while th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> my account is being charged interest [by Shaw] while the balance is outstanding. 

Whenever you (or Shaw) verify the details linked to the Canada Post tracking-number, I'm sure that Shaw will "reverse" those charges -- any reputable company will do that. If they do not do so, contact "CBC Go Public" -- their reporters will act as your proxy. Shaw would not like to be embarrassed as the subject of a CBC TV feature.

THIS IS FOR AL THE FOLKS WITH LOTS OF TIME TO LECTURE US ON WHY WE SHOULD DO SHAWS WORK FOR THEM.

user_1561432132
Grasshopper

AND WORST IS THESE MORONS ASSUME WE WANT TO WAIT ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR TO GET A LABEL TO RETURN SO THEY CAN SAVE MONEY.

GET ALL THE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE STORE WORKING ON THE PHONE SO I DON'T WAIT AN HOUR TO GET THRU THEN MAYBE I WILL GET A LABEL - OTHERWISE, I JUST CHANGE PROVIDERS AND PUT THE EQUIPMENT IN THE GARBAGE

Did they manage to track it down?This is exactly what hap...

chtham89
Grasshopper

Did they manage to track it down?This is exactly what happened to be but it's been a month for me.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help