-- F.C.U.K. is a youth-oriented organization in Norway. T...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@user_1561432132 -- F.C.U.K. is a youth-oriented organization in Norway. Their signage is everywhere. 🙂

>  ASSUME WE WANT TO WAIT ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR

While you were waiting, did you hear the pre-recorded message that "currently, online chat is given preference over telephone". For me, I have always been able to connect to a Shaw agent via online-chat within 5 minutes -- much less than one hour!

> TO GET A LABEL TO RETURN SO THEY CAN SAVE MONEY.

Shaw seems to have centralized the return & COVID-19-related sanitation of all the returned equipment. Smart move!

> GET ALL THE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE STORE WORKING ON THE PHONE

Shaw has moved the other way -- putting more employees into online-chat, including working-from-home situations.

> I JUST CHANGE PROVIDERS AND PUT THE EQUIPMENT IN THE GARBAGE

You could do that, but you will have to pay Shaw for the non-return of their equipment.  Your choice, of course.

0 Kudos

Ok so your sytem failed and I got charged $900 because th...

DaddioWiiU
Grasshopper

Ok so your sytem failed and I got charged $900 because the package never arrive at shaw! Why the hell are we liable for this when I could easily drop this equipment myself if only shaw have a place for us to drop it in person!

I am not paying for this equipment!

You can trace the package with your tracking number from...

rstra
Grand Master

You can trace the package with your tracking number from Canada Post.

0 Kudos

-- Forcing customers to return within the 14 day timefram...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@question -- Forcing customers to return within the 14 day timeframe and return by mail only while Shaw retail locations are closed is how a company should treat it’s [sic] customers

Do you mean "should" or "should not" ?

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I think that having one centralized shipping location, with extensive "sanitation" protocols at that location, is superior to returning contaminated equipment to a retail store-front.

0 Kudos

This is now happening to me.  Shaw is scamming innocent p...

sjs444
Grasshopper

This is now happening to me.  Shaw is scamming innocent people during a world pandemic, how embarrassing.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

Hi  sorry to here this.  You will be able to track what h...

g-idk
Master

Hi @sjs444 sorry to here this.  You will be able to track what happened to your package with the tracking number you were provided with through Canada Post.  Have you been able to track where your package ended up if Shaw says they don't have it? How in the world do you think Shaw is scamming innocent people, it sounds more like delay's or errors with Canada Post as the culprit. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic Shaw has no choice but use the postal service for returns, (Telus has been using this service for years now).  You mention that this is happening to me now but no other details to go on, so can't say too much more on the matter to help you.  Also since this is only a peer to peer help forum and not a direct channel to Shaw Support if you would like to file a complaint that Shaw will actually see, please after reading this scroll to the bottom of this page and under the About Us Section near the bottom you will find Your Voice, click on that link to voice your complaint.   

0 Kudos

they sent me a bill for the equipment even before my last...

eltayeb67
Grasshopper

they sent me a bill for the equipment even before my last billing period ended. so my last paid bill for services ends on Jun 22nd, and I canceled on the Jun 16. And I still got a bill on Jun 21st to pay for unreturned Equipment.
I sent the Equipment by mail on the Jun 21st which should be within the period I'm paying for services.
who does that.

0 Kudos

--  I canceled on [Wednesday] Jun 16. And I still got a b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@eltayeb67 --  I canceled on [Wednesday] Jun 16. And I still got a bill on [Monday] Jun 21st to pay for unreturned Equipment. My last paid bill for services ends on Jun 22nd.

Did Shaw credit your account, for the days between the 16th and the 21st ?

Were you on month-to-month payments, or did you have an active Two-Year Value Plan? How many months were remaining on that Value Plan? If you had Shaw Internet and Shaw TV, the cancellation-fee is $20/month. If you only had Shaw Internet, the cancellation-fee is $15/month.

> I sent the Equipment by mail on the Jun 21st which should be within the period I'm paying for services.

You sent it on the same day that you received the bill. Since you cancelled on the 16th, you were not paying for the services.

Hindsight is wonderful. So would be cancelling on the 21st, closer to the end of the period that you had paid for.

The Canada Post clerk should have given you a Tracking Number, which you can use on their web-site, to check on the progress of the shipment, and which you can tell to Shaw, so that they can also see the progress. When it shows as "delivered", Shaw will reverse the bill.

> who does that.

Shaw did what you asked, namely to cancel on the 16th.

0 Kudos

yes, you first terminate the service, then Return the Equ...

eltayeb67
Grasshopper

yes, you first terminate the service, then Return the Equipment and not the other way.

I terminated on the 16th, therefore the returning of the equipment will happen After the 16th.  Not On the 16th or Before the 16th.

Because after terminating you need to pack the equipment , put them in a box, then print the shipping tag from Canada post, then go to Canada Post office, then send the equipment in the mail. which will cause the Equipment to arrive after terminating the service.

TALK TO US
We're here to help