Error just on 4K channels

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

Just upgrade to Bluecurve and all seems fine, except I get a XRE-03090 on just the 4K channels ( SN and TSN ).

I have 2 TVs , one is 4K and one is not.  On the TV that isn't 4K I get a message saying my display is not 4K, so that makes sense. But on the TV ( LG C9 ) that is 4K I get the error. And on the same 4K TV I can watch 4K videos thru the SHAW Youtube app no problem.

Talked to SHAW and they had me connect the Xi6 HDMI out directly to the TV ( was going thru a Yamaha receiver that passes every video source known to man ) and I still get the error. 

XB7 in bridge mode, Xi6 using ethernet 5e cat cable,  18GB HDMI cable to receiver then same to LG C9.

Ideas?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Can you try swapping your Xi6 boxes, see if the issue fol...

rstra
Grand Master

@cbcwpg Can you try swapping your Xi6 boxes, see if the issue follows the other box? The Ethernet connections should work fine, but maybe switch to wifi and see if there is any difference. Did tech support just leave you hanging?

0 Kudos

Thanks... I'll try that later today. Tech support didn't...

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

Thanks... I'll try that later today.

Tech support didn't leave me hanging. They wanted me to test the direct connection between the Xi6 and my LG, and I told them it would take me time to set that up , but I would just open another chat if I still get the error, which as well I will do later today.

0 Kudos

After further testing with SHAW, and getting to talk to s...

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

After further testing with SHAW, and getting to talk to someone more "technical", it appears there is a problem with the Xi6 boxes and the 4K channels. But, it's an issue that doesn't affect all users of these boxes and the 4K channels. So the SHAW tech support will be dealing with it as each person reports the problem.

0 Kudos

I too am using an LG C9 along with a Yamaha RX-A2060 rece...

PrairieFire
Grasshopper

I too am using an LG C9 along with a Yamaha RX-A2060 receiver and I can confirm the 4K channels work perfectly, so it has to be a SHAW issue.

Let us know what they come up with.

0 Kudos

It's working now.  SHAW did something to the Xi6 box over...

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

It's working now.  SHAW did something to the Xi6 box overnight.  Not sure what, but they did fix it.

TALK TO US
We're here to help