The BlueCurve XG1v3 and v4 have 6 tuners and can record u...

rstra
Grand Master

@Bobbipoo The BlueCurve XG1v3 and v4 have 6 tuners and can record up to six recordings at the same time. The wireless Xi6 also allows 6 simultaneous recordings.

0 Kudos

-- BlueCurve ... is limited to recording two programs at...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bobbipoo -- BlueCurve ... is limited to recording two programs at once

Not "two", but more, according to:  BlueCurve TV PVR recording FAQs (shaw.ca)

The BlueCurve TV Player (XG1v3) has six tuners, meaning that you can record up to six programs at the same time.

If you have two BlueCurve TV Players in your home, you can record 12 programs simultaneously.

0 Kudos

-- while online with Shaw, they restarted my Arris Gatewa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bostonbob -- while online with Shaw, they restarted my Arris Gateway, and it showed that "Espial" logo. No harm, no foul.

Found online:

The Enghouse Smart Browser (previously Espial Browser) is a feature rich HTML5 rendering engine for embedded devices ideal for enabling rich, interactive user experiences in the TV, Industrial, IoT, Medical or Automotive vertical markets.

• Deployed on tens of millions of Smart TV’s, Set-top boxes (IPTV, Cable and Satellite) and Blu-ray Players & Recorders.
  • Support for all major global video streaming standards i.e. 4K/8k Satellite broadcasting, Hybridcast, Broadcast Markup Language (BML), HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
  • Support for operators’, device manufacturers’ and middleware vendors’ interactive UXs and streaming video OTT applications.
  •  

0 Kudos

Yeah - after a few months with the espial logo showing up...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob -- while online with Shaw, they restarted my Arris Gateway, and it showed that "Espial" logo. No harm, no foul.

Yeah - after a few months with the espial logo showing up during a reboot instead of the Advent logo it doesn't look like anything performance wise with my Gateway has changed. 

0 Kudos

We don’t have an android tv…….tv was working fine then ne...

jimmacpherson
Grasshopper

We don’t have an android tv…….tv was working fine then next time turned on espialtv is on screen and we can’t get regular tv on9

0 Kudos

3 years later...I had to reboot my internet modem after u...

deest
Grasshopper

3 years later...I had to reboot my internet modem after upgrading my laptop. Now my pvr on button won't work, yet there's a light at the back of it proving it has power. When I turn on the tv it just has the logo for Espial TV. I'm hoping it will resolve as they were doing a service update in part of my city, but not exactly my area. But somehow I think my pvr may need to be replaced. 

0 Kudos

-- a few steps: power-off the modem disconnect the coaxi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@deest -- a few steps:

1. power-off the modem
  2. disconnect the coaxial-cable from the modem
  3. power-on the modem, and let it fully restart
  4. power-on your computer, and connect it (WiFi or Ethernet) to the modem
  5. from a command-line prompt in Windows, use the "IPCONFIG" command to show the IP-address of the "gateway"
  6. open your web-browser, and enter  http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd -- the IP-address of that "gateway"

If your computer connects to the web-server "inside" the modem, it's probable that the device is OK. If it fails to connect, then the modem has a problem that you'll have to contact Shaw [1-888-472-2222] to fix/replace.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help