Well as it turns out "Grand Master" it DID turn out to be...

RobAndRhonda
Grasshopper

Well as it turns out "Grand Master" it DID turn out to be the cabling from the phone-pole to our TV! And by the way, we do not have a "BlueCurve". The 4th (or 5th??) technician to come into our home quickly determined that the signal was severely dropping from the cabling that was in our wall from the outside connection to wallport behind the TV.  This was the only cabling that was NOT yet replaced from the previous Techs. This Tech replaced it, and (I will admit that I was pessimistic at this point), but it has now been almost 6 weeks and we have not had the pixelation problem since! 🙂  So, it has been an extremely painful process of phone calls and tech guesses and rehearsed telephone support spiels; but two good things came from this where I need to give Shaw credit... Even though it took several Techs to resolve the problem, I greatly appreciated each one that came in to try to resolve the issue (well, except one that did not seem to know much, including how to use the remote to check some technical configurations). Secondly, without my even asking, Shaw came through with making an adjustment on our phone bill; not what I would initially have considered, but respectful overall. Thank you Shaw. It took 4 months, but I am now more optimistic.

Just received my shaw internet modem and Bluecurve TV box...

Bodaciousbiker
Grasshopper

Just received my shaw internet modem and Bluecurve TV box. The internet is working fine, actually faster than when I had it with Telus, but I'm having issues with tv reception. The pictures on every channel are continually pixillating, sound is skipping or channels going completely black. I've tried most of the trouble shooting steps advised on their website(reesetting the box, retightening coaxial cables etc.), and nothing seems to help. I had my old cable with Shaw(just basic), but never experienced any issues like this before! Only thing I haven't tried is removing the cable splitter(as suggested online). Because I now get my internet through the cable, this isn't really an option. Any suggestions??

0 Kudos

-- please reread the posting just above yours, at ‎2021-0...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Bodaciousbiker -- please reread the posting just above yours, at ‎2021-06-02 10:34 PM. The solution for @RobAndRhonda was for Shaw to replace the coaxial-cable between your house and the nearest telephone pole. Contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) and ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view and analyze the "signal-strength" reaching it, because "bad" signal-strength will cause your symptoms.

P.S. Removing the cable-splitter is a diagnostic step, not a solution to your problem. It bypasses a possibly-bad splitter, and adds some signal-strength to your cable-modem.

0 Kudos

so far this has never helped ... your tech was out a coup...

TLA2013
Grasshopper

so far this has never helped ... your tech was out a couple weeeks bacj and instaked a new main box ... pixilation stopped bu the pic freezing staretd .. now its constant and sitting on your chat for over half hours waiting .. Maybe if I call a telus tech they can come ver and help you  FED UP 

0 Kudos

Same her in Victoria. Stuttering and dropouts. Terrible f...

Wayned
Grasshopper

Same her in Victoria. Stuttering and dropouts.

Terrible feed. 

Wake up whoever the children are running Tech on the feed. 

0 Kudos

I having horrible pixelation on my TSN channels while try...

Blueyaris
Grasshopper

I having horrible pixelation on my TSN channels while trying to watch the The Brier

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help