Exit Button not working in Guide

bob171
Grasshopper

Many times I will use the Guide to browse.

I see a program and I select it.

The program is displayed but at the bottom of the screen there is a large information bar that has the Shaw name, the date and time, the channel number, the name of the current channel and then the name of the next program to air on that channel and then it has the name of the next program to air on that channel and then it has the name of the next program to air on that channel.

That is a lot of stuff to display.

All of this stuff displays for 8 seconds. 8 seconds is a long time.

A few years ago I thought I would contact Shaw and ask that the large information bar be an option. But I decided not to do that because I had a workaround.

My workaround is to immediately click on "Exit". This will remove the information bar.

However something changed within the last year.

The first time I select a program it displays the bar and I click on Exit and it removes the bar. This works fine.

I then go back into the Guide and select another program. It displays the bar and I click on Exit but nothing happens.

I then go back into the Guide and select another program. It displays the bar and I click on Exit but nothing happens.

It only works the first time.

Before this started to happen the Exit would always work correctly every time.

Can this be fixed so that the Exit will always remove the bar like it used to?

I have this >> ARRIS DCX3510-M PVR.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

-- is it possible that the EXIT button on your remote-con...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bob171 -- is it possible that the EXIT button on your remote-control is getting "intermittent", and not always sending anything?

Does a lamp on your TV box light-up every time that you press any button (channel up/down, Guide, etc.) ? Does it always light-up when you press the EXIT button?

0 Kudos

Hi mdk The EXIT button is working fine in all other situa...

bob171
Grasshopper

Hi mdk

The EXIT button is working fine in all other situations.

I don't have a lamp on the PVR that lights up when I press buttons.

On the Shaw Remote all of the buttons light up when I press any single button.  When I press the EXIT button all of the buttons light up in all situations.

0 Kudos

Been a while since I used one of those boxes, can you cha...

rstra
Grand Master

@bob171  Been a while since I used one of those boxes, can you change the Quick Bar timeout in the guide settings?

0 Kudos

Hi rstra I looked in the Settings for ARRIS DCX3510-M PVR...

bob171
Grasshopper

Hi rstra

I looked in the Settings for ARRIS DCX3510-M PVR but I could not find a Quick Bar timeout setting.

I do not use the Quick Bar for browsing.

I prefer to use the Guide for  browsing.

0 Kudos

You press MENU, select SETTINGS and it is (was) under GUI...

rstra
Grand Master

@bob171 You press MENU, select SETTINGS and it is (was) under GUIDE, but, like I said it has been a long time, so the box may have changed since then. The quick bar would pop up when you select a program and you could change the amount of time it stayed on the screen.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help