I've sent a ticket up to our engineers to investigate thi...

shaw-tony

@bdobson I've sent a ticket up to our engineers to investigate this matter. it is tracked under NGV0297591.

@Bruceandmissy @Matt5 I've also included your details to the ticket as affected users.

0 Kudos

our engineer is looking for more details. Are you able to...

shaw-tony

@bdobson @Bruceandmissy @Matt5 our engineer is looking for more details. Are you able to provide the below information:

1. How the recording was set (ex. One-time recording? New? New and Repeat? Series? Etc.)
2. Exact date/time recording was set for
3. Channel/Program Number

0 Kudos

This is nearly impossible to answer because its everythin...

bdobson
Grasshopper

This is nearly impossible to answer because its everything I record, on any channel, at any time of day, to be honest, I've found no patterns in any particular show, date or time. 

0 Kudos

Very annoying and frustrating.

Birdgirl
Grasshopper

Very annoying and frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Yup. That’s still happening here.

Birdgirl
Grasshopper

Yup. That’s still happening here. 

been having this exact same issue for months now! Very fr...

tracho
Grasshopper

been having this exact same issue for months now! Very frustrating and Shaw needs to figure this out and fix please!

I need to go 60-90 past the commercials to try and get it around the right spot. Ridiculous.

There is no pattern or rhyme to it. Totally random on which show it does. I would say at least 70% of the stuff we record this is the case!

I have this exact same problem and it’s very annoying!!...

Sus1e
Grasshopper

I have this exact same problem and it’s very annoying!! 
I also miss the old remote where there was the skip 2-3 secs button. 

Hopefully Shaw will fix this problem soon!! 

We are also having the same issue. It seems to be more pr...

dragan121
Grasshopper

We are also having the same issue. It seems to be more prevalent when watching recordings on the TV with the larger box. 

It's annoying and very frustrating. I end up fast forwarding, pressing play,  then doing the cycle all over many times until I get where i need to be.

It only works properly on FF1, which is a way too slow!

You can program the wireless 4k boxes to skip forward or...

tuktuk
Grasshopper

You can program the wireless 4k boxes to skip forward or backward at various time segments.  To program a 30 minute skip forward into the Page Up button and 15 minute reverse skip into the Page down, do this:

1. Turn off the television.

2. Hold the remote close to the cable box (you are programming the box, not the remote control).  Press EXIT three times.

3. Enter 0030 with the number keys.

4. Turn on the TV and test.

You can find other info on programming the wireless 4K boxes by Googling Comcast Xfinity.  They have been using these boxes for a long time.  You make other programming changes as well.

Mine is now going back to beginning of recording no matte...

BillMurray
Grasshopper
  • Mine is now going back to beginning of recording no matter how fast I try to fast forward 

the thumbnail shows the program fast forwarding but as soon as I press play... right back to beginning 
Also right back to beginning of program if I use the auto rewind button to go replay something I missed 

doesn’t matter how far into the program I am either 

TALK TO US
We're here to help