I’m having the same problems, fast forward skips back to...

roffeli
Grasshopper

I’m having the same problems, fast forward skips back to beginning of commercials, voices don’t match lips etc. this morning, my small cable box won’t work...there was a nationwide problem last night and I suspect the latest problem has something to do with it. I tried live chat but she couldn’t fix anything from her end. I had very few problems with BlueSky but since things switched to BlueCurve, nothing but problems. I have booked another tech visit and I am pushing for all new hardware because these problems are getting ridiculous, I don’t have time for this. All of this makes me think I should have switched to TELUS when my contract was up last year.

Is this happening on all (new and existing) recorded cont...

shaw-valerie

@BillMurray Is this happening on all (new and existing) recorded content, or only affecting some programs? If you have multiple cable boxes in your home does this happen on all of them, or is only one experiencing this issue? 

0 Kudos

I agree completely. My system exhibits identical symptoms...

Ptcheuchter
Grasshopper

I agree completely. My system exhibits identical symptoms, freezes intermittently for an appreciable time, drops out of any recorded program to active TV, failure to recognize voice commands, all other than fast forward/back are infrequent but extremely annoying. Paying good money for a half fast system.

Last discussion with “tech services” - quotes indicate satisfaction level - indicated he could not see my box to provide assistance.

Altogether, not an impressive rollout. Both boxes exhibit identical problems.

Listen... SHAW you seem to ask repeative questions. I've...

CSB
Grasshopper

Listen... SHAW you seem to ask repeative questions. I've been reviewing the comments because I'm having issues with my brand new blue curve too. Started off awesome. A month in and the audio cuts out and I have issues with forwarding. I've read a ton of posts from  individuals with similar problems. It sounds like an issue on your end. Not ours.  Shouldn't you be taking this more seriously and investigating was seems to be a larger tech problem.... tell us if this is an ongoing issue with no solution or if we need new boxes please.  Thank you. 

Yep. Its a big problem!

comomark
Grasshopper

Yep. Its a big problem! Premium prices. Service not so much.

0 Kudos

> Started off awesome. A month in and the audio cuts out...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Started off awesome. A month in and the audio cuts out ...

Could it be a defective disk-drive inside the BlueSky device? Such a disk-drive would have problems recording, and/or problems with playback.

You probably don't want to void the warranty, by disassembling the device, removing the disk-drive, connecting it as a secondary disk-drive in your Windows computer, and using free software (such as SPECCY) to view the SMART statistics for the device. SMART will give indications about the "health" of the disk-drive.

0 Kudos

I’m having the exact same issue. It’s obviously intention...

richard727
Grasshopper

I’m having the exact same issue. It’s obviously intentional to make people watch commercials but is there a work-around? What’s the point of a PVR then?

0 Kudos

Oops, I meant "seconds", not "minutes".

tuktuk
Grasshopper

Oops, I meant "seconds", not "minutes".

0 Kudos

I have the pvr gateway system and have the same problem....

Gram23
Grasshopper

I have the pvr gateway system and have the same problem.  I did contact Shaw at one point and the agent told me he sees no problem.  After reading some of these remarks I think I better call again.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

-- have the pvr gateway system and have the same problem....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gram23 -- have the pvr gateway system and have the same problem. 

The remote-control for the Gateway has two buttons:

* skip forward 30 seconds,

* skip backward 15 seconds.

Is that easier than trying to use "fast-forward" to skip a commercial?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help