This happens every single time I watch a recorded show. I...

Foty99
Grasshopper

This happens every single time I watch a recorded show. It doesn’t matter what channel, it is every single show. The only way to fast forward or reverse it’s the same, can only do it at the slowest speed. Our ole box had 3 speeds I think, this new one only has 2 and the faster speed is completely useless. From all of the previous comments it is obvious this is a known problem but Shaw doesn’t have an interest in fixing the problem. 

0 Kudos

I think at this point if this has not been fixed with any...

bdobson
Grasshopper

I think at this point if this has not been fixed with any firmware updates that this is done on purpose to force people to watch more commercials. 

0 Kudos

Periodically the fast forward feature does not work on a...

Donhamilton
Grasshopper

Periodically the fast forward feature does not work on a pvr’d show on our blue Reciever. 

0 Kudos

I'm getting a similar issue. I fast forward either within...

dogbun
Grasshopper

I'm getting a similar issue. I fast forward either within a show, or during commercials, it shows on screen the images being fowarded, and when you push play it just goes back to where you started to try and forward from.

This is just ONE of the issues experienced with the new Blue Curve (2 months now) that is inferior to the old system. After being sold on this as an "upgrade" (and signing a 2 year deal on it) only to have issues and reduced functionality after the change puts my loyalty of 25 years with Shaw to the test.

Looking now at what Telus offers and hope I can get out of my contract due to Shaw not providing what was promised, or what is clearly defined as included on the web site.

0 Kudos

-- hope I can get out of my contract Of course, you can p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dogbun -- hope I can get out of my contract

Of course, you can pay a penalty for each of the remaining months in your two-year contract, to terminate the contract.

Twice during 2020, I was offered up to $200 in "store-credit" from Telus, to partially offset the penalty for an early termination of my Shaw contract, if I switched to TELUS.

On my the remote-control for my Shaw Gateway PVR, I have "skip forward" (30 seconds) and "skip backward" (10 seconds) buttons, which work correctly.

On your BlueCurve remote control, can you speak to it, to tell it to "skip 30 seconds" ?

0 Kudos

This is great thanks! (It’s 30 seconds)

Gchristie1
Grasshopper

This is great thanks! (It’s 30 seconds)

0 Kudos

is there not a solution here, obviously an issue. My blue...

146Golflife
Grasshopper

is there not a solution here, obviously an issue. My bluecurve is one year old, this not good performance!

0 Kudos

I’m sorry but all the answers seem to be the same. So to...

pgmarton
Grasshopper

I’m sorry but all the answers seem to be the same. So to me this is deliberate on Shaw’s part . Time to seriously think about getting rid of Shaw. I’ve pretty much had enough. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help