Feedback regarding 2 year contract

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

I have Bluecurve internet 600 on a 2 year contract, but Limited tv month to month (with a regular cable box) since it would be cheaper & more affordable plus I don't watch much TV) however I would gladly go for a 2 year contract if I were allowed with the Limited tv rather than Total TV in order to save money on my monthly bill, but Shaw only allows 2 year contracts for Total TV which more sense.....I mean it's bad enough Shaw no longer offers grandfathered plans like Small tv or Medium or even the Digital Classic Package.....we need more choices folks lol

Labels (1)
7 Replies

There would be no point going into a contract with limite...

rstra
Grand Master

There would be no point going into a contract with limited tv as it is a government mandated fixed price plan, so you wouldn’t save money. I do agree that there should be more channel plan options.

I agree. I signed up for a two year contract, within the...

jenspoke
Grasshopper

I agree. I signed up for a two year contract, within the last year with the qualifier from Shaw that if I "downgraded" the tv portion, I couldn't go any smaller than the Small TV package.  Fair enough, but like you indicated/implied, this is no longer an option since Small and Medium TV no longer exists.  So, unless I'm prepared to break my contract to get a the smaller package (limited tv), I'm up the creek.  And presumably I would have to buy out the remainder of the contract.

0 Kudos

I very much agree with this topic! I just switched back t...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

I very much agree with this topic! I just switched back to BellMTS last week for their “good tv and Fibe 50” for $95 a month for 2 years with no contract at all. If I were to add tv to my Shaw 300 plan I would end up paying well over over $115 a month and with absolutely nothing lower than total tv I didn’t have any flexibility and dealing with 2 providers there was no benefit for me, even though I am losing my 300mbps connection I don’t notice any difference between 50mbps and 300mbps for my daily usage needs. I did mention to Shaw why I left and they told me that they got rid of “small, medium and large packages” because customers complained that they had to no choices. Hopefully Shaw gets competitive again as they are not being competitive with these price points as customers want flexibility!  

0 Kudos

I have been paying 80$ a month for 2 years for intermitte...

LongtimeLoyal
Grasshopper

I have been paying 80$ a month for 2 years for intermittent interruptions with my 600 speed which doesn’t really feel that fast and i had to keep the tv and now they want 129 all in which works out to 40$ a month more for one year and a bit less for the second year it they don’t come back with a better deal considering its a pandemic they we are canceling everything. This increase is criminal and will be reported to the crtc. No way will i paid 475$ per year more. Landlords are only allowed to rasie 2.6 percent but they can burn us this much. What is wrong with this peopl

0 Kudos

$80 for Internet 600 and TV? Consider your self lucky, it...

rstra
Grand Master

$80 for Internet 600 and TV? Consider your self lucky, it looks like Shaw is just clearing up all those old saves promos. 

0 Kudos

It wasnt that the whole time the wire looked like a 5 yea...

LongtimeLoyal
Grasshopper

It wasnt that the whole time the wire looked like a 5 year old kid did it under the joist and then in was intermittent, my scale wouldn’t connect and now they want 40$ a month more

0 Kudos

-- maybe it is time for you to question your loyalty, bec...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LongtimeLoyal -- maybe it is time for you to question your loyalty, because there are other companies that offer Internet access through cable-modems (they buy "bulk" services from Shaw), and there is "promotional" pricing for new customers of Telus Optik.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help