who are you are sing this comment to?

rickatk
Master

@Kurt78 wrote:

So I guess your saying that bell fibe tv is better then.  They have an app on firestick tv and I believe they also have chrome cast.  It would work better since i only have a cable box in the living room and i have chrome cast and firestick tv in my bedroom.  On five tv I could watch live and recorded shows with no hassle or extra fees.

@Kurt78 who are you are sing this comment to?

0 Kudos

I expect Shaw will eventually offer up Blue Curve on othe...

rickatk
Master

@Kurt78 wrote:

So I guess your saying that bell fibe tv is better then.  They have an app on firestick tv and I believe they also have chrome cast.  It would work better since i only have a cable box in the living room and i have chrome cast and firestick tv in my bedroom.  On five tv I could watch live and recorded shows with no hassle or extra fees.

I expect Shaw will eventually offer up Blue Curve on other devices or at least streaming/casting capability over Airplay and Chrome from mobile devices. Oddly, you can stream from Mac OS now, just not iOS. As an aside, I have 4 Blue CurveXi6 wireless TV players. They work really well.

0 Kudos

I want like to know if your firestick device (in my the c...

oscar9
Grasshopper

I want like to know if your firestick device (in my the cube) can control your shaw cable box(blue curve) by voice, change channels, mute etc.

I haven't had any success after seems like thousands of hours of trying.....

gh

0 Kudos

I agree that this is really short sighted by Shaw. I just...

Mute
Grasshopper

I agree that this is really short sighted by Shaw. I just want to have Bluecurve on my TV in the garage to watch sports without getting another Shaw box and calling my tech guy to wire it in my system.   

0 Kudos

You could get a Chromecast for your TV and cast from Blue...

rstra
Grand Master

@Mute You could get a Chromecast for your TV and cast from BlueCurve. 

so for me I get Shaw through satellite, I have a tv in th...

mee-too
Grasshopper

so for me I get Shaw through satellite, I have a tv in the garage that reaches my wireless router...so I just want to access the shaw programming I already pay for through my Fire Tv....why isn't any Shaw IT folks answering their  reasoning on this?  

0 Kudos

EXACTLY... Same for me with wanting an apple tv app. ther...

yendor
Grasshopper

EXACTLY... Same for me with wanting an apple tv app. there is a telus optik app that does the same for telus. I use my apple tv at home and on the go and many of the passwords are from shaw so its not going to make me cancel my shaw services.....

0 Kudos

Apple tv, roku, Firesticks, etc are very handy to use, ON...

yendor
Grasshopper

Apple tv, roku, Firesticks, etc are very handy to use, ON THE GO! get with the program! Telus is.....

0 Kudos

what if your shaw sat is un-watchable because of the bad...

bonza
Grasshopper

what if your shaw sat is un-watchable because of the bad weather, and you want to use the app on your tv with firetv instead?  I want to use the app when I can't watch my shaw sat, as I paying for this service after all. 

0 Kudos

I find the Chromecast dongle is working fine, carrying my...

rickatk
Master

I find the Chromecast dongle is working fine, carrying my BlueCurve package to alternate sites and locations. Chromecast with Google TV is every bit as good at Apple TV and supports the Apple TV app. I run my alternate TV locations using the Google TV remote, my wife likes the whole setup. 

At this point I don’t really care about format wars(Roku, Google TV, Apple TV or Amazon Fire)Shaw picked a platform, there is affordable hardware to run it...good enough for me. Now we have access to our BlueCurve package RVing  and at the summer place. No need to add additional Shaw accounts and much cost. The first years saving will pay for the Chromecast dongles. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help