BlueCurve TV is now available on FireTV. Still can’t set...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk 

BlueCurve TV is now available on FireTV. Still can’t set recording mostly, but it works quite well.

0 Kudos

The day will come when Shaw will put it’s Blue Curve app...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@rickatk 

BlueCurve TV is now available on FireTV. Still can’t set recording mostly, but it works quite well.

@rstra  The day will come when Shaw will put it’s Blue Curve app on all the streaming devices (Chromecast,Roku, Fire and ATV), in 4K no less. No need for additional cable box hardware. The app subscription will cost $175.00 per month however. 🥺

Update: After a year of using this setup I have found the...

rickatk
Master

Update: After a year of using this setup I have found the whole Chromecast thing clunky. Often we have to reboot and wait for the dongle to reinitialize and connect to our wifi router an iPad. Relying on a casting protocol when other options like direct app downloads as seen with Fire TV Stick and the Amazon App Store is counterintuitive and frankly a pain. 

Enter Fire Stick TV. I decided to replace my Google TV dongles in search of a more stable setup that doesn’t require an iPad to stream(cast) to the TV player. Right from the outset the Fire TV Stick setup was a breeze. Strangely I was able to plug into an HDMI port that was positioned near the front of my TV in my moho. I couldn’t use that port with the Chromecast dongle. 

Setup included the usual registration and picking of apps including Shaw Blue Curve TV. Too Easy. 

Things I like about the Fire TV Stick setup include:

Easy registration

Simple wifi connection

Decent remote, more conventional than the Google remote.

Familiar interface

Alexa is better than the Google voice assistant. I use Alexa with my Bose speakers at home.

Shaw BlueCurve TV works.  

I find myself wondering why Shaw couldn’t put together streaming app solutions like the Fire offering for other platforms such as Google and Apple.

Thanks @rstra for your suggestion about using Fire TV Stick.

0 Kudos

Now we just need the ability to set recordings and have a...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk 

Now we just need the ability to set recordings and have all channels available. We do make sure that all recording are set before we go away. 

I dont know why Shaw can’t move their app to Apple TV, Go...

rickatk
Master

I dont know why Shaw can’t move their app to Apple TV, Google TV along with Fire TV. No Airplay, no Casting just a native downloadable app for either platforms App Store..

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help