Jump to solution

I’m with you two thousand percent on this one!

yanyaff
Grasshopper

I’m with you two thousand percent on this one!

Jump to solution

Flash? is not supported on Macs. Any further updates for...

tc10
Grasshopper

Flash? is not supported on Macs.

Any further updates for BlueCurve TV app on Apple TV?

Jump to solution

-- Flash is not supported on Macs. As of January 2021, Fl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 -- Flash is not supported on Macs.

As of January 2021, Flash is not supported on Microsoft Windows, or anywhere else. It has hit its "sunset".

Web-site designers have been recoding to use HTML5, instead of Adobe Flash Player.

One recent Microsoft Update actually removed Flash from Windows 10.

Jump to solution

Any updates from Shaw? When will we get BlueCurve app for...

tc10
Grasshopper

Any updates from Shaw? When will we get BlueCurve app for Apple TV?
Apple TVos and Apple iOS are similar now.

We have been waiting for 3 years while this has been available from other providers but Shaw??

Soon?

Jump to solution

This does not work any more.

tc10
Grasshopper

This does not work any more.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

While not the solution being called for in this string, I...

rickatk
Master

@tc10 wrote:

Any updates from Shaw? When will we get BlueCurve app for Apple TV?
Apple TVos and Apple iOS are similar now.

We have been waiting for 3 years while this has been available from other providers but Shaw??

Soon?

While not the solution being called for in this string, I have found Google Chromecast to work equally as well as ATV. The more expensive (but still less expensive than ATV) the Google TV dongle does the job very well. That version does everything including Apple TV app, Disney and all the other favourites which are baked into the hardware, just like ATV. Shaw BlueCurve still requires casting which works just fine. Even the Google TV packaging is very Apple like 😊

I have three summer applications for this hardware and everything works great. I no longer need additional summer accounts to keep in touch with TV viewing.

Google TV and Shaw BlueCurve TV it works!  https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/google-chromecast-with-google-tv-snow/14924711?source=search&ad...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It has been 4 years without the ability for Apple TV to c...

tc10
Grasshopper

It has been 4 years without the ability for Apple TV to connect to BlueCurve to access Shaw HDTV.  What the heck folks??   How do we put our request in to your Shaw Bluecurve service provider??  Many of us would like to email them requesting Apple TV access  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I dare say this is a marketing decision. Putting BlueCurv...

rickatk
Master

@tc10 wrote:

It has been 4 years without the ability for Apple TV to connect to BlueCurve to access Shaw HDTV.  What the heck folks??   How do we put our request in to your Shaw Bluecurve service provider??  Many of us would like to email them requesting Apple TV access  

@tc10 I dare say this is a marketing decision. Putting BlueCurve TV on Apple TV (and other platforms) would certainly cannibalize the hardware end of things for Shaw. 

Chromecast is working very well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The Shaw TV app on FireTV has been working really well, i...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk 

The Shaw TV app on FireTV has been working really well, in fact the picture seems better than the picture using the box. The 30 second skip is default which is nice and I don’t get the occasional video glitch that I get with the box. 

If it wasn’t for the fact that I can’t set recordings and not all channels are available, I would ditch the BC hardware. 

Jump to solution

I have many requests along those lines. I suspect this is...

rickatk
Master

@tc10 wrote:

I have made many requests along those lines. I suspect this is a matter of marketing and licensing. Too bad, porting to Blue Curve app into the tvOS App Store would be a welcome addition. In the mean time Chromecasting has worked very well.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help