FreeRange TV is not working on Macbook Safari

Not applicable

the app keeps trying to load with no error message.  I have cleared the cache and rebooted. It works on Chrome but not on safari.  I normally use Safari and it used to work on safari.  

How do I fix this?

Thanks 

screenshot of app trying to load for 1/2 hour ...

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: FreeRange TV is not working on Macbook Safari

shaw-tony

Hey tc10,

Thank you for reaching out! It may be an issue with a 3rd party extension enabled on your Safari browser if it is working with no issues in a Chrome browser. I'd recommend disabling all of your extensions to see if it works.

1. Open Safari on the Mac if you have not done so already
  2. Recommended: close all or most Safari browser tabs*
  3. Go to the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences”, then choose the “Extensions” tab
  4. Uncheck the box next to the extension name you wish to turn off

Generally, from experience, it may be a pop-up blocker or ad blocker causing this problem. Please also check that your Safari browser is the most up-to-date version for the best experience. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi Shaw-Tony,

I tried your suggestions. I have no extension running. I closed all tabs. I also turned off MalwareBytes. I shut down Safari. I cleared cache as well.

I am on Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) with current Safari release Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5).

**  Still not loading for me.

?? Is it working on Mac running Mojavi using Safari for your team?

TC10

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

tc10 Unfortunately, we don't have anyone on the team that has a Macbook Pro to test this right now. Maybe some of our Community members can chime in on this. My other recommendation is to back up any files you have for Safari and delete/reinstall the App. Otherwise, you may need to reach out to Apple to see if they are able to help resolve your issue. 

0 Kudos

Re: FreeRange TV is  not working on Macbook Safari

Not applicable

I finally figured it out.  I went into safari privacy and deleted the privacy info for shaw.ca 

There was not an entry for freerange.saw.ca but there was one for shaw.ca

Freerange is now working again on safari.

TALK TO US
We're here to help