Fuzzy picture for sports, then it comes into focus

harju
Grasshopper

I have blue curve 4K TV player with Fibre+ 175.   Generally the picture for sports is only adequate but I have noticed when I first tune into a sports channel the picture is fuzzy and very slightly pixelated, most noticeable on the players.  After about 10 seconds or so the players come into focus.  After that the picture has fuzzy spots here and there but okay.

It seems like the TV is not getting information fast enough or the TV is not processing the information fully.   In addition my internet speeds are wildly inconsistent from minute to minute ranging from 3-4 and 180-190 and anywhere in between.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
6 Replies

-- the picture is fuzzy and very slightly pixelated, most...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@harju -- the picture is fuzzy and very slightly pixelated, most noticeable on the players.  After about 10 seconds or so the players come into focus.  

Of the entire picture, the area of your picture that changes the most-quickly is probably Connor McDavid, skating at 37 Km/hour. After 10 seconds, he has scored, and has stopped moving. 🙂

> It seems like the TV is not getting information fast enough

You are correct.

> my internet speeds are wildly inconsistent from minute to minute ranging from 3-4 and 180-190 and anywhere in between.

I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone), and report those symptoms to Shaw.

They could remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" -- probably not good.

They should schedule a technician for a site-visit to check their network (from the nearest telephone-pole to their demarcation box on the outside of your home).

While waiting (1 to 3 days?) for the site-visit, experiment: if you have a "1-to-2" coaxial splitter between the wall-outlet and your TV/cable-modem, experiment by temporarily bypassing it, e.g., TV directly to the wall-port, or cable-modem directly to the wall-port. Perhaps, just unscrewing the coaxial-cables, moving them, and reconnecting them, tightly, will be enough to get a better connection.

0 Kudos

Confirming that this the wireless player? if so, it could...

rstra
Grand Master

Confirming that this the wireless player? if so, it could be poor wifi back to to the Xb6. I get that effect sometimes with Netflix, it takes a moment to buffer the content, but it only lasts a few seconds and then the picture is fine. Do you have other boxes where you are seeing this problem?

0 Kudos

Thanks

harju
Grasshopper

Thanks

0 Kudos

It is a wireless TV box.  I do have a second one with my...

harju
Grasshopper

It is a wireless TV box.  I do have a second one with my old TV and I have seen a similar issue.   Also today I noted on BNN that the ticker will be out of focus when I first turn it own then gets better.  My Netflix streaming seems very good and I have noticed issues with that.

0 Kudos

The only thing I can think to try at the moment is to che...

rstra
Grand Master

The only thing I can think to try at the moment is to check the video display setting on the box. Press the Shaw Button > Settings Gear Icon > Device Settings > Video Display and try some different settings.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post. Are you streaming Netflix through the Shaw box?

0 Kudos

We are streaming through the Samsung App and Shaw.  The q...

harju
Grasshopper

We are streaming through the Samsung App and Shaw.  The quality is more or less the same on both.   Correction on my last post.  I have not experienced the same issue on Netflix

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help