This is where cord cutting and streaming has taken us. A...

rickatk
Master

@RobC wrote:

Thought I would post this up hoping for Shaw to advocate on behalf of their paying customers.  I wanted access to FXnow on my AppleTV 4 however every other cable provider is available except for Shaw.  I tried contacting FX for support however my question was not returned by them, on the FX app they have the complete catalog of their shows however Shaw on demand only has a few episodes.  Would be nice to have Shaw added so that customers can access what they pay for, you can log in on a computer or cellphone and watch it but not on AppleTV for some reason 

This is where cord cutting and streaming has taken us. A mish mash of services which in the long run cost more for the consumer. Right now there is no single platform that will allow the consumer to access all their content of choice. In the case of streamers like Apple TV and Fx Now for example the cable provider throttles the experience. Fx Now offers a pretty good library of shows as a streaming platform. The VOD library is more limited. CBC Gem offers the same, more shows via the app, not as much via VOD. 

The closest offerings to streaming nirvana is definitely Apple TV. That platform carries many services except where Shaw’s Live TV guide is concerned. No FreeRange TV on Apple TV. Perhaps in time this option will materialize. In the meantime I suggest Shaw either loosen up the cord and open up the streaming options on its VOD platform, add more apps to the new Xi6 streamer boxes or put FreeRange on Apple TV. 

Looks like FX Now is working on Apple TV using Shaw login...

rickatk
Master

@RobC wrote:

Thought I would post this up hoping for Shaw to advocate on behalf of their paying customers.  I wanted access to FXnow on my AppleTV 4 however every other cable provider is available except for Shaw.  I tried contacting FX for support however my question was not returned by them, on the FX app they have the complete catalog of their shows however Shaw on demand only has a few episodes.  Would be nice to have Shaw added so that customers can access what they pay for, you can log in on a computer or cellphone and watch it but not on AppleTV for some reason 

Looks like FX Now is working on Apple TV using Shaw login credentials.

After following this topic and doing some looking around...

rickatk
Master

@RobC wrote:

After following this topic and doing some looking around on my BlueCurve streamer, iPad and a Apple TV, I see FxNow is working on all platforms using Shaw credentials. In the process I started looking at the show line up. Seems this network carries lots of series, some a little dated. As a result I am quite enjoying some of the shows that I missed first time around. 

Thx for the update  .  Following your posting, we tested...

pugluma
Grasshopper

Thx for the update @rickatk .  Following your posting, we tested the fxnow app and we were pleasantly surprised to see we were now able to access. Thx to @RobC, yourself and all the other users in this forum that have been advocating for this! 

Thanks for your posts tho not understanding how to login...

llshore
Grasshopper

Thanks for your posts tho not understanding how to login w shaw credentials through Apple TV. Are you able to expand how exactly you a shaw customer, were able to get FXNOW thru AppleTV? 
thx! 

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

Log into the FX Now app available on Apple TV. You will be asked to activate your AppleTV device by going to FX Now in your browser, be it mobile device or desktop and inputting a code. With the provided code you can finish the login process. You will be directed to a web page which lists cable and telco providers. Pick Shaw, then you will be prompted to log into Shaw using your credentials. That will complete the process. This is the procedure you will have to do this every time you activate a new device and streaming service.

Thank you! That makes sense

llshore
Grasshopper

Thank you! That makes sense 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help