Jump to solution

FXNow on Shaw and AppleTV

dc2006ster
Grasshopper

My TV package includes FX but When I try to access FXNow on my Apple TV, Shaw is not listed as a provider so FXNow cannot recognize that I have a subscription. Is there a way for me to access FXNow on my devices?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: FXNow on Shaw and AppleTV

shaw-tony

Hey dc2006ster,

At this time, this is not available with having a subscription to the channel, nor is the FX website. That may change in the future. For now, you can access some FX content through  Shaw on Demand.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey dc2006ster,

At this time, this is not available with having a subscription to the channel, nor is the FX website. That may change in the future. For now, you can access some FX content through  Shaw on Demand.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

unitedvisions
Grasshopper

This is not accurate. You cannot currently access much of anything through Shaw On Demand. Where FX Now has content for 19 shows (as of this writing) FX and FXX on Shaw Cable have 2. It would be nice if that changed, but for now I just want to clarify, since I spent hours looking for a better answer and this is STILL the most accurate and it's just not true. 

Jump to solution

I can sign in on Shaw with my phone and laptop just not w...

seanjuan
Grasshopper

I can sign in on Shaw with my phone and laptop just not with my Apple TV what the f**k it’s messed up

Jump to solution

I have the same issues I contacted the FX Canada support...

RobC
Grasshopper

I have the same issues I contacted the FX Canada support and they never responded.  Would be nice if Shaw looked into this for paying customers TELUS, Rogers all have access not sure why shaw cannot help their customers out.

Jump to solution

Sounds like a Rogers FX app issue with AppleTV, I don’t h...

rstra
Grand Master

Sounds like a Rogers FX app issue with AppleTV, I don’t have version 4, so I can’t test it. My iOS apps work fine with my login.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

SHAW technical support didn’t even know about this issue....

Greg58
Grasshopper

SHAW technical support didn’t even know about this issue. They told me to call FX .  Same same .. log on through Shaw on iPhone but no Shaw provider listed for AppleTV . Bizarre 

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Someone from Shaw should fix this.

bob171
Grasshopper

I have the same problem.  Someone from Shaw should fix this.

Jump to solution

Anyone here had any luck hearing back from FXnow/Rogers?...

pugluma
Grasshopper

Anyone here had any luck hearing back from FXnow/Rogers?  According to their faq, we aren’t seeing Shaw listed during the AppleTV activation phase because Shaw hasn’t authorized its customer base to access fxnow via AppleTV.  Yet every formal reply I’ve seen from Shaw states this is because FXnow hasn’t “updated” things on their end.  I’ve had no issues via iOS or web ... just AppleTV (tvOS). Curious if anyone in this thread has found/received any further info on this. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help