I'm hearing the same honking/buzzing in the feed from CBS...

jfurlong
Grasshopper

I'm hearing the same honking/buzzing in the feed from CBS spokane in the Calgary area.  I'm hearing the problem in other US channels as well.

0 Kudos

>  CBS spokane in the Calgary area Any particular time of...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  CBS spokane in the Calgary area

Any particular time of day?

Any collinearity among Shaw's satellite dishes in Calgarry, the stastionary-orbiting satellite transreceiver, and the Sun, at some part of the day?  Solar radiation from "behind" the satellite causing interference?

0 Kudos

I can confirm that 2 nights ago, prior to the KTLA News a...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I can confirm that 2 nights ago, prior to the KTLA News at 10pm going live to air, that the issue also happened on the TV show that aired on KTLA just before their 10pm News. So, I would say that it's indeed happening on KTLA, regardless of what's being aired at the time. I don't know if the problem occurs during the day, but I would say that at night, it's indeed noticeable.

0 Kudos

I don't think this is a problem on OUR end.  I think they...

Wutzname
Grasshopper

I don't think this is a problem on OUR end.  I think they're having a broadcasting issue.  Got the same robotic noises in Edmonton since this whole Covid lockdown started, too.

0 Kudos

Same issue here. Downtown Calgary. The Spokane channels a...

yycchris
Grasshopper

Same issue here. Downtown Calgary. The Spokane channels are almost unwatchable IMO.   Sound cuts out every 30 seconds or so.  I called the tech support line and was on with them most of Saturday morning as they said that it hadn't been reported as an issue on those channels.  I watch the early news show America This Morning at 5:30 AM Calgary time on KXLY channel 200 and the dropouts occur the entire show every day.  

0 Kudos

I’m getting this so bad on my Gateway PVR recordings. See...

Shan
Grasshopper

I’m getting this so bad on my Gateway PVR recordings. Seems to be mainly TLC (258) and A&E (255). Only when the show is on. Commercials seem fine and the live TV is fine. So frustrating!  

0 Kudos

Muffled/ gargling noice on TLC here in Winnipeg also Chan...

Deanna33
Grasshopper

Muffled/ gargling noice on TLC here in Winnipeg also Chanel 407 here, live and Pvr tv. Thought it was just me. 

0 Kudos

Same issues here. Anything recorded on the PVR lately has...

FrankCGY
Grasshopper

Same issues here. Anything recorded on the PVR lately has audio issues, no issues on commercials? Same channels, TLC for sure.  Shows recorded on different days as well. 

Trying to watch a show now and the audio is getting to be unbearable......

CGY,  Bluecurve....

0 Kudos

This problem seems to be happening again for 2 nights now...

Zeph
Grasshopper

This problem seems to be happening again for 2 nights now, while watching the recordings of the KTLA News at 10pm (Pacific Time). It's showing up during the recording of the newscast, while watching the recording through my computer from the Shaw BlueCurve TV App / Website.

0 Kudos

Same with DCX3200-M, but only American channels start wit...

Tlae
Grasshopper

Maple Ridge, BC same issues with DCX3200-M, start with garbled audio on the CW channel, then went to beeping noises on 5 American channels. I just got a new DCX3200-M box and same garble audio on the CW channel.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help