Jump to solution

What updates and enhancements would that be?

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

I believe all the updates have now gone out to all BlueCurve boxes, so everyone should be seeing the enhancements now.

@rstra What updates and enhancements would that be?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The cloud pvr, the additional couple of channels and the...

rstra
Grand Master

The cloud pvr, the additional couple of channels and the channels that went from SD to HD.

Jump to solution

How big is the pvr? does it automatically record what you...

mikeer
Grasshopper

How big is the pvr?

does it automatically record what you’re watching so that I can pause & rewind live tv?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Seems to.

rickatk
Master

@mikeer wrote:

How big is the pvr?

does it automatically record what you’re watching so that I can pause & rewind live tv?

Seems to.

Jump to solution

I also found this https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/...

mikeer
Grasshopper

I also found this https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/about-bluecurve-tv-pvr-functionality/ta-p/6216

which says 500g per unit, a max of 3 units. It says your recordings are spread out across units but it’s  not clear if you can view recordings from other units. I think this is the ‘old’ style too so it maybe out of date. They make this too complicated 

Jump to solution

I just chatted with a rep and they said up to 5 units but...

mikeer
Grasshopper

I just chatted with a rep and they said up to 5 units but max 1.5 g for pvr. You still can’t mix & match.

Jump to solution

-- I think this is the ‘old’ style too, so it maybe out o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mikeer -- I think this is the ‘old’ style too, so it maybe out of date.

Huh?  The "BlueCurve" is the newest PVR from Shaw.

> They make this too complicated 

While reading this message, scroll-down, to see:

Capture.JPG

Please click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink to send your suggestions to Shaw on how to make it less complicated.

Jump to solution

I can’t keep blue curve / blue sky straight :( there’s al...

mikeer
Grasshopper

I can’t keep blue curve / blue sky straight 😞

there’s all this talk about cloud pvr but then the docs say 500gb which is why i thought this was the old one.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

BlueSky was rebranded to BlueCurve (the curve is from the...

rstra
Grand Master

BlueSky was rebranded to BlueCurve (the curve is from the Shaw logo). The original BlueCurve player was the XG1, followed by the XG1 4K, and now the Xi6 wireless player. All of these boxes are now referred to as BlueCurve and all are cloud PVR capable. You can have up to 3 XG1s connected to provide 1.5TB of storage, I do not know how much cloud storage you are allocated.

Jump to solution

NO.  That is one of the complaints. Will only rewind if y...

DavidBr
Grasshopper

NO.  That is one of the complaints. Will only rewind if you have manually recorded

This is one of reasons Gateway is better. The other is that some people say as system is wireless the picture is not as good

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help