Golf Channel 233 HD reception

rb13
Grasshopper

Is anyone else having an issue with the golf channel reception the past few weeks? There are neon blue and red pixels dancing on certain backgrounds.  I thought it might be the tv, but it's happening on a few screens in the hosue.  

Labels (1)
12 Replies

Yes. This has been happening on all my HD tvs and project...

oilsearcher
Grasshopper

Yes. This has been happening on all my HD tvs and projector….

Any idea what's causing the problem?  Seems odd why it's...

rb13
Grasshopper

Any idea what's causing the problem?  Seems odd why it's happening all of a sudden.  

0 Kudos

/ - any particular time of day and/or a common location...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rb13 / @oilsearcher - any particular time of day and/or a common location of your home?

It might be possible that Shaw's on-ground satellite dish (at their office in your city) is pointed at the stationary-orbiting broadcast satellite, above the Equator, and the Sun could be directly "behind" the dish, causing interference.

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes.

0 Kudos

I'm in north Calgary and it happens at all times of the d...

rb13
Grasshopper

I'm in north Calgary and it happens at all times of the day.  Your suggestion seems interesting, but it seems odd that the interference would only affect one channel, 233. 

0 Kudos

The OP mentioned pixelation, this is usually associated w...

rstra
Grand Master

@rb13  The OP mentioned pixelation, this is usually associated with the cable signal to your cable box, you might want to contact Shaw to get them to troubleshoot. I don’t know if Golf is on the Shaw TV app, if it is, you could check to see if it is having the same issue, if so, it would a problem at the source.

0 Kudos

This has been happening on both my cable boxes, only on t...

SC301
Grasshopper

This has been happening on both my cable boxes, only on the golf channel.  Red and blue streaks 

0 Kudos

Obviously this is an ongoing problem and it would be nice...

rb13
Grasshopper

Obviously this is an ongoing problem and it would be nice if Shaw reviewed it.   

0 Kudos

What did Shaw say?

rstra
Grand Master

@rb13  What did Shaw say?

0 Kudos

--  it seems odd that the interference would only affect...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rb13 --  it seems odd that the interference would only affect one channel, 233. 

There are many satellites in stationary orbit above the Equator.  So, the Golf Channel could possibly be the ONLY channel that Shaw receives from a specific satellite.  Maybe.

0 Kudos