guide is not updating my pvr arris dcx3510-m

rjkehn
Grasshopper

my guide has not update for over a week - called and Shaw tech sent a reset (did the disconnect cables bit) but even waiting overnight did not show new guide items. Is there a master "reboot" option 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Seems to be an issue affecting all HD guide boxes.

rstra
Grand Master

Seems to be an issue affecting all HD guide boxes.

0 Kudos

I've been watching the other thread on this as I have the...

Bruce9999
Grasshopper

I've been watching the other thread on this as I have the same issue on 2 different models of boxes. I just spent over an hour on the chat and after doing all the usual things, as you stated, no solution was found. I hope they're working on it, but there's no sign of it on shaw.ca/updates.

I waited for a callback for almost an hour and a half on...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

I have the same problem and my box is also a DCX 3510-M.  I waited for a callback for almost an hour and a half on Saturday only to be told my box is working properly, however, I have since (and pre-phoning them) completely disconnected my box several times now and it has not changed anything, no guide past May 10.  I sure hope they are working on this problem, but like you said there is no indication that they are.  By the way my MUCH older DCX 3400 is working just fine and shows programming well past the 10th of May. 

0 Kudos

May 5, 2020 12:15 pm A pretty generic response from Chat...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

May 5, 2020 12:15 pm

A pretty generic response from Chat Support at Shaw but this is their response to my query regarding this issue:

Good Afternoon Mxxxxxxx. Happy to help today ☺ This issue is something that we are aware of nationally with this type of HD box. Our team is working to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Once the issue has been resolved you will see that guide information update for the full 2 weeks in advance.  Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we do thank you for your patience while we get this issue resolved.

0 Kudos

According to information posted by member rjkehn there is...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

According to information posted by member rjkehn there is a fix coming between the 4th and the 12th ...

rjkehn
Grasshopper

11m ago

fix coming my online chat tech said

yes there is a scheduled hd guide firmware update and it may take a couple fo days its going to happen between may 4th till may 12th. it shouldn't have an effect on the tv experience but w/ the guide information yes

0 Kudos