HD channel mapping - DCX3510-M

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Noticed that a few channels do not have HD channel mapping

What I also noticed while pressing the "info" on these channels displays a slightly different channel name

on the SD version than that of the HD version, so that might be one of the cause of the problem.

Normally, tuning to a SD channel number maps over to it's HD channel, but wouldn't they have to have

the same 'Channel Name" (as seen while pressing the "info" button on either channel)

(In Vancouver)

Channel 8 - CHNM (OMNI BC) SD / 214 HD

Channel 17 - CTV News Channel SD / 226 HD

Channel 18 - Weather Network SD / 228 HD

Channel 21 - BC1 (Global BC1 News) SD / 216 HD

Channel 26 - CBC Newsworld SD / 227 HD

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I also have 3510 pvr.  I noticed this a week or so ago wi...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I also have 3510 pvr.  I noticed this a week or so ago with Fx ch 156/267 but it was rectified and now 267 is shown on 156.

From your list I only find the issue with ch 8/214 and 18/228.  The rest of the HDs are shown on their SD channels numbers.

Another issue with this pvr in addition to the guide not loading after this Sunday ...

That is great they have fixed FX 156/267 I didn't get a c...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

That is great they have fixed FX 156/267

I didn't get a chance to check all of the channels last night

If only 8/214 and 18/228 are the remaining ones that.then it is a better start

The other channels are on "Free Preview" for me since I am not subscribed to those, perhaps why the mapping doesn't reflect right

Here is how they are labelled differently which might be the SD versions still show up instead of mapping them to HD

8 - OMNI BrItish Columbia

214 - OMNI Pacific HD

18 - Weather Network

228 - TWN Vancouver HD

0 Kudos

I contacted Shaw again about this and it seems they unawa...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

I contacted Shaw again about this and it seems they unaware of the problem I am describing or don't know what is going on

I will explain again

In Vancouver on DCX3510-M

Channel 8 is not mapping to it's HD version 

Channel 18 is not mapping to it's HD version

0 Kudos

I connected with our operations team to look into this fu...

shaw-valerie

@michaelstein I connected with our operations team to look into this further, and in order for HD overlay feature to work, both HD and SD version have to be from same feed. As you have identified in your post above, those 2 channels have a similar HD feed, however, it's not exactly the same which is why those 2 channels don't direct you to an HD version when tuning to the SD one. 

0 Kudos

I would like to have an explanation from Rogers Media (OM...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

I would like to have an explanation from Rogers Media (OMNI) and Weather Network (Pelmorex)

It seems that those two companies have not replied or have not been able to provide a response, either to my e-mail or to the CCTS claim

that Shaw had the status changed to "out of scope" earlier today

Please do not make a final decision until the owners of those two channels have been able to log their response

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help