thanks for the update, hopefully fixed soon.

g-idk
Master

thanks for the update, hopefully fixed soon.

0 Kudos

Phoned Shaw to report this problem on Saturday (May 2) an...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Phoned Shaw to report this problem on Saturday (May 2) and was told my box was working fine ... Ummm no it isn't!  I have unplugged the entire thing several times and it is yet to work, however, my old ancient box on the other TV works just fine.  I sure hope they fix it soon.

0 Kudos

Did they give any idea of when we might get this update?

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Did they give any idea of when we might get this update?

0 Kudos

PVR not updating

rjkehn
Grasshopper

they are doing an update. Did live chat and got this - hope it happens by evening of May 10th

yes there is a scheduled hd guide firmware update and it may take a couple fo days its going to happen between may 4th till may 12th. it shouldn't have an effect on the tv experience but w/ the guide information yes

fix coming my online chat tech said yes there is a schedu...

rjkehn
Grasshopper

fix coming my online chat tech said

yes there is a scheduled hd guide firmware update and it may take a couple fo days its going to happen between may 4th till may 12th. it shouldn't have an effect on the tv experience but w/ the guide information yes

0 Kudos

May 5, 2020 12:15 pm A pretty generic response from Chat...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper
May 5, 2020 12:15 pm A pretty generic response from Chat Support at Shaw but this is their response to my query regarding this issue: Good Afternoon Mxxxxxxx. Happy to help today ☺ This issue is something that we are aware of nationally with this type of HD box. Our team is working to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Once the issue has been resolved you will see that guide information update for the full 2 weeks in advance. Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we do thank you for your patience while we get this issue resolved.

I wonder if previously scheduled recordings will actually...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

I wonder if previously scheduled recordings will actually record if there is no visible guide.  So frustrating that it will take so long to fix, mine has already been like this for at least a week.  Also hope it will not wipe out all previously set series recordings. 🤔

0 Kudos

Yes this is annoying to say the least as I imagine record...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Yes this is annoying to say the least as I imagine recordings will not happen without programming information.  Sunday nights are my biggest recording night so I hope the fix happens before the listings run out.  This is taking far too long to fix but it seems most of Shaw’s service goes to Blue Curve or whatever their latest focus is called.

Would also have been nice for a Shaw employee to actually comment on this thread ...

0 Kudos

I don't think they will. There is nothing in my Schedule...

Bruce9999
Grasshopper

I don't think they will. There is nothing in my Schedule after 10pm on Sunday 5/10. It's good to read they're working on it tho, the person I chatted with this morning said they couldn't find anything about a known issue. Once it's fixed the Schedule should update with series set to record.

0 Kudos

I agree and while talking with Chat Support, I posted lin...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

I agree budsgirl and while talking with Chat Support, I posted links to them from all three threads regarding this issue and said it would be nice if a Shaw Support employee had responded to any one of them.  Like you, Sunday is also my biggest night of recordings, however, luckily everything I record is finished by 10:30 pm.  There appears to be no listings after 11 pm that night.  I also record a number of shows on Monday and Tuesday nights so the sooner it's fixed the better.

0 Kudos