How do I configure the Xi6 with a Dell P2419H monitor and USB headset?

EpicJamesM
Grasshopper

I replaced an old TV monitor that had speakers and worked fine with the Bluecurve Xi6 box.    When I plugged the HDMI cable  into my new Dell P2419H monitor I get the picture, but no sound.  I have a Jabra USB headset that is plugged in to the monitor's USB port, but the TV sound does not come through.  I tried changing the Xi6 remote to be configured for a Dell monitor, but the volume control does not appear to do anything.

What do I need to do differently?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- I looked at Dell's web-page for the P2419H monitor. I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@EpicJamesM -- I looked at Dell's web-page for the P2419H monitor.

I see an image of its connectors, and the text:

Connectivity Options

Ports & Slots:
| 1. Power Connector
| 2. HDMI Port
| 3. Stand Lock Feature
| 4. DisplayPort
| 5. VGA Connector
| 6. USB Upstream Port
| 7. USB Downstream Ports
| 8. USB Downstream Ports

Cables Included:
| Power Cable
| DisplayPort Cable
| USB 3.0 Upstream Cable

but I don't see any "audio-output" ports.

Does your BlueCurve have an "optical-output" port?  If so, can you configure the BlueCurve to send the audio-output through that port, instead of routing it through the HDMI cable?  The other end of the optical-cable should connect to a sound-bar, or to a 5-channel "surround system" receiver, as used in a "home-theatre" setup?

Is there any "setup" menu on the Dell, to direct the received audio-stream to one of the 2 "downstream" USB ports?

The Shaw Bluecurve TV Xi6 only has HDMI out.   I tried th...

EpicJamesM
Grasshopper

The Shaw Bluecurve TV Xi6 only has HDMI out.   I tried the USB headset in both sets of downstream ports with no luck.

There are not menu setting that mention audio.

0 Kudos

Is the headset Bluetooth too? If it is, you could connect...

rstra
Grand Master

@EpicJamesM Is the headset Bluetooth too? If it is, you could connect them to the Xi6 that way. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help