Jump to solution

How to connect older tv to blue curv

winterman
Grasshopper

I have just installed the blue curve system I have a older tv in the kitchen which worked ok with the old system but now I cannot attach to the new wireless system ie no HDMI port . I was wondering is there a way to watch the blue curve on the old set ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Best Buy sells some nice small counter TVs. I have one in...

rickatk
Master

Best Buy sells some nice small counter TVs. I have one in the kitchen with a Blue Curve wireless TV player attached. Does the job. No drilling required.

Insignia.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- while there probably is some adapter hardware that mig...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@winterman -- while there probably is some adapter hardware that might work, consider an upgrade:

1. smallest HDMI-capable TV is $90 at BestBuy: 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection/35-inch-and-smaller-tvs/299111?sort=priceLowToHigh

but it's a 24-inch TV -- might be too large for your kitchen, and you don't need the "tuner" electronics when your active input is HDMI. The Shaw remote-control will be your channel-selector.

2. Or, this monitor for $70 is 1280*1024 resolution and has 1 DVI-input:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/refurbished-good-dell-1708fp-17-silver-black-lcd-monitor-grade-...

Unlike a TV, it does not have built-in speakers (connect speakers to the Shaw TV box?).

EDIT: Although it does not have 1 HDMI input, it has 1 DVI input. So, buy a HDMI-to-DVI cable.  A HDMI-to-HDMI cable carries audio, but since this TV has no audio, the HDMI-to-DVI cable will carry the video.

It does have capability of a VESA Compatible wall mount, so you can "hang" it and remove the (too-tall?) pedestal.

Either way, you upgrade from low-resolution to HDMI, which is a good thing.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the references I can use my tablet as a tv but...

winterman
Grasshopper

Thanks for the references I can use my tablet as a tv but like the old set as it fits under the cupboard . Anyway probably time to retire it .

Jump to solution

Best Buy sells some nice small counter TVs. I have one in...

rickatk
Master

Best Buy sells some nice small counter TVs. I have one in the kitchen with a Blue Curve wireless TV player attached. Does the job. No drilling required.

Insignia.

TALK TO US
We're here to help