How to Disable SAP on Shaw HD/PVR Cable Box

amakse
Grasshopper

I  am trying to make sure that SAP is disabled on my Shaw HD/PVR cable box.   I cannot figure out how to access it or any languages (e.g. English, French) from the menu/settings.  I am having an issue with Descriptive Video on one channel and disabling SAP may help with the problem.

Below are the instructions I found online.  First of all, when I press the menu button twice I do not get a full-screen menu.  Second,  I do not get the option of setup in my menu/settings.  There is no Audio set up option but rather an audio section.  In the audio section, there is no default audio track option.  I cannot find the "default audio track" anywhere. When I go to DVS/Languages, there are no languages that show up.  Do I need to go into the orginal set up button on the remote control that I first used when I got my cable box and go in that way to access audio setup?

To disable SAP on your Shaw TV box:

1. Press the MENU or SETTINGS button twice on your Shaw Remote, for a full-screen menu.
  2. Scroll down the menu until Setup is highlighted and press OK
  3. Select Audio Setup and press OK.
  4. Ensure that the Default Audio Track is set to Channel default.
  5. Press the Exit button.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

We need to know exactly which model you have, I suspect t...

rstra
Grand Master

@amakse  We need to know exactly which model you have, I suspect that it is the HD Guide box 3510, but need to know for sure. SAP can also be set on your TV.

0 Kudos

Ok I just checked again and I am getting descriptive vide...

rstra
Grand Master

@amakse  Ok I just checked again and I am getting descriptive video on CTV on Ignite TV.

0 Kudos

Very annoying!  So is this a CTV issue?  The unhelpful re...

amakse
Grasshopper

Very annoying!  So is this a CTV issue?  The unhelpful reply I got from CTV is listed below.  CTV makes it seem like it is a Rogers/Shaw issue even though no other channels are impacted.

Thank you for contacting CTV.

We sincerely apologize. We'd like to help! Please try to follow the steps below. However, if still the same we highly suggest to contact your TV Provider for further assistance as we do not have any access to your device from them

• Press the [SETTINGS] button on your Rogers Remote.
  • Scroll to Audio and press [OK/SELECT].
  • Scroll to Described Video and press [OK/SELECT].
  • Use the [Right] or [Left] arrow key to toggle the feature to Enabled or Disabled and press [OK/SELECT].
  • Press the [EXIT] key on your remote to confirm changes.

0 Kudos

I will see if any of my old Shaw work friends can help out.

rstra
Grand Master

@amakse  I will see if any of my old Shaw work friends can help out.

0 Kudos

Awesome.  Keep me updated and let me know what is happening.

amakse
Grasshopper

Awesome.  Keep me updated and let me know what is happening.

0 Kudos

Both boxes are DCX3510M.

amakse
Grasshopper

Both boxes are DCX3510M.

0 Kudos

The CTV channel still continues to be an issue for both o...

amakse
Grasshopper

The CTV channel still continues to be an issue for both of my Motorola DCX3510M cable boxes with descriptive video continually running in the background.  Nothing I have tried works.  All other television channels are working properly and I am able to enable and disable descriptive video on those channels but yet I cannot disable descriptive video on CTV.  Also, the sound on CTV is much lower/muted compared to all other channels.  My friend who also uses Shaw for his tv service in Kamloops also continues to have descriptive video on CTV which again leads me to believe that this is not just my problem but a CTV problem in our area.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help