How to I find program listings for one particular channel?

Not applicable

I just got a new HD cable box, and I can't figure out how to see program listings for one channel at a time without going to the main guide, finding the channel I want, and endlessly scrolling through only three programs at a time. On my old cable box, it was very simple to access a guide for one channel at a time. You simply went to the guide, highlighted the channel you wanted, and pressed guide again. Then you could see a full a page of program listings for JUST that channel. I used this feature all the time and it's frustrating that I haven't been able to figure out how to do so with the new box, nor do there seem to be any clear instructions on how to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: How to I find program listings for one particular channel?

srglassw
Grasshopper

The HD Guide does not support this feature. I too miss the ability to list the program schedule for a single channel but it seems this is one of many features of the "old" channel guide that is not available with the "new" guide. It seems that with each new iteration of the guide more and more useful features are dropped.

Re: How to I find program listings for one particular channel?

Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. That's really disappointing to hear. I don't even know that I'll bother scrolling upcoming shows as often as I did because it just seems so cumbersome to do so when you can only see a couple titles at a time. I hope that Shaw will bring back this feature!

As far as I can see bluecurve has a few weird programming...

netconsumer
Grasshopper

As far as I can see bluecurve has a few weird programming fails where they chose not to keep useful features like this. I am finding it extremely frustrating to try to see what is coming up on a favourite channel. Another one is that if I scroll through a time to see what is on all channels it doesn't go around the clock - from 994 (the highest I can see) to 101 (the lowest I can see). Shaw needs better programmers and better testers. Functionality should improve with each iteration they force you to get, not get worsen in numerous areas.

0 Kudos

I am stubborn. I went back today trying to find a way to...

netconsumer
Grasshopper

I am stubborn. I went back today trying to find a way to see all upcoming programs quickly on one channel and I figured it out. Hit Guide, then get to the channel you want to see ahead on. Then use the back arrow (to the left of the OK button) which will take you to the station name, logo and what is on now. Click OK. At the bottom of the page you will see 4 options: watch, record, favourite and channel info. Click channel info. At the bottom left it will show you the next 3 upcoming programs. Use the page down button to see what's ahead. It shows7 shows at a time and shows all upcoming shows for the next 2 weeks.

There may be more than one version of remote or programs...

strauss44
Grasshopper

There may be more than one version of remote or programs running in the PVR. On mine the Left button doesn't move the focus to the channel logo. However, after a lengthy session with Shaw Tech Support, we discovered that the INFO button has that hidden function. From anywhere where the channel is in focus, either it's already playing in Full-Screen, or the cursor is on the channel in the GUIDE, press the INFO button. That opens a window with a Submenu on the right. The cursor is already in that Submenu (if not so on your system, you may need the Right button to get there). Use the Up/Down buttons to move to "show all times", press OK. That open a scrollable listing of programs for two weeks. It's not as clean as the old DCX box.  By that I mean the items are spread out. For some reason modern programmers seem to think that more "whitespace" is cool. Sure, it's cool, but it make the listing less friendly. However, at least there is a vertical listing.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help