Jump to solution

How to stop random scenic interruptions

carlitat
Grasshopper

Just upgraded my TV and internet packages. There seem to be a few issues, most annoying among them being the random interruption of a program's screen display with an endless slide show of mostly tropical images.  The program's audio feed still continues in the background.  The only way to snap back to a program's display is to click the remote's enter key.  This same problem takes place on all of our three TVs and on any channel.  There's no point in playing back the last minutes of program time in the hope of retrieving sound with picture, either.  The rogue images are still there.  How do I fix this aggravation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: How to stop random scenic interruptions

shaw-tony

Hey carlitat,

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like the screensaver is coming up due to inactivity. You can certainly change the settings to 5 hours with the steps here in the device settings. 

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: How to stop random scenic interruptions

shaw-tony

Hey carlitat,

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like the screensaver is coming up due to inactivity. You can certainly change the settings to 5 hours with the steps here in the device settings. 

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

Jump to solution

I would like to see an option to turn this off.  Its not...

PN
Grasshopper

I would like to see an option to turn this off.  Its not desired

Jump to solution

Another non answer from Shaw. Why can’t you answer the qu...

wendyhelenwelch
Grasshopper

Another non answer from Shaw. Why can’t you answer the question instead of posting a link that lists multiple situations not related to question. Is it that hard to answer. How does one change the settings so scenery doesn’t stay on while channel is running?

Jump to solution

Hello wendyhelenwelch,   There is no option to disable th...

shaw-don

Hello wendyhelenwelch,

There is no option to disable the screen saver, all you can do is set it to the maximum time of 5 hours which should prevent it from activating unless no activity has been received in that length of time. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi There, Just got a call from a parent asking me about t...

jbalsa22
Grasshopper

Hi There,

Just got a call from a parent asking me about this problem affecting their television sets - can you please tell me what metric the shaw box uses to dictate whether to enter into screen saver mode or not? Is it remote movement, activity picked up on the remote control, or is it simply just on a timer?

Again; the issue is identical to the one experience in the original post - the tv gets interrupted with a random slideshow of scenic/tropical photos while the audio from the program being watched continues over top of it.

Would like to be able to answer this question for them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- the tv gets interrupted with a random slideshow of sce...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jbalsa22 -- the tv gets interrupted with a random slideshow of scenic/tropical photos while the audio from the program being watched continues over top of it.

So, is it your TV that displays the images, while Shaw's TV box is sending the audio?

It seems like the TV is doing the "screen-saver" thing, and that it is not the Shaw "screen-saver" (which is floating words "Shaw" meandering over a black background).

Disable the TV's screen-saver.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

simple fix to the screensaver peeps , switch to Telus 😂👍

dude3469
Grasshopper

simple fix to the screensaver peeps , switch to Telus 😂👍

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- but, if it is your TV that is showing the images, it w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dude3469 -- but, if it is your TV that is showing the images, it will show the images whether it is connected to Shaw TV or Telus TV or Shaw Direct, or Xplorer.net or ...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

what??? the Shaw Cable box is what is creating the screen...

dude3469
Grasshopper

what??? the Shaw Cable box is what is creating the screensaver, it’s nothing we asked for or activated, it was forced on shaw customers; as stated earlier if a company won’t listen to its customers they can switch to another provider the next time your contract is up for renewal.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help