Jump to solution

So it turns out (after far too much dealing with techs) w...

gmattern
Grasshopper

So it turns out (after far too much dealing with techs) what I've been told is this:

"So according to our support team, the error message is referring to your shaw tv plan. You have limited tv plan which only gives you access to global tv channel. With global tv app you will have access to several other channels which you do not have access to through shaw. So you will have to upgrade your tv plan for to login to global app."

They want to really make sure that anyone who has limited will hate it and upgrade. Good news is I am not locked into a contract, so I will likely be canceling unless I can find a reasonable work around.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update. I wonder if you added a pick and p...

rstra
Grand Master

@gmattern 

Thanks for the update. I wonder if you added a pick and pay channel to get over the $30 and see if that works?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

On the global tv app on my tv

AFLH
Grasshopper

On the global tv app on my tv

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@AFLH -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Can you be more specific about your issue, and what you have tried, and whether Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222] has helped you?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having the EXACT same problem for the last 3 weeks ....

Gimmick
Grasshopper

I am having the EXACT same problem for the last 3 weeks .  I have talked to 6-7 different people at Shaw...even one in store.  I have used the TV Apps for years (out of the country with a VPN)..so I know how they work.    The Global App is only recognizing me as paying for basic cable Global TV and Global News.

I totally agree this is a Shaw/Rogers problem because my CTV App is doing the same thing.  I can sign into CTV but only gives me the the Basic local CTV and CTV2...not any of the higher level CTV channels which I pay for already.
There is something on my account that the Apps are not recognizing.  I don't know how to explain it any clearer.  I have a lot of experience with these Apps as I use them 1/2 the year and know how they work with a VPN and how they work in different countries.  I am desperate for someone to figure this out.  Most people think I'm doing something wrong because they don't have the experience of actually using the App or what it takes to watch TV on an App....I understand that, but something is not working on my account.
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It is now 2024 and I am experiencing this same thing. Thi...

Pjcharlier
Grasshopper

It is now 2024 and I am experiencing this same thing. This is the first post I came across while searching and noticing these concerns are from 4 & 5 years ago. Did your team give up? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pjcharlier -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is not a path to Shaw Support [ 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ]

By "experiencing the same thing", what do you mean?

Do you have "Limited TV"? Then, as noted in previous messages in this discussion thread, GlobalTV does not allow you to sign-in with your Shaw credentials (and entitlements).

If you have "Total TV", and you cannot sign-in, then contact Shaw, to get them to "refresh your entitlements", so that Shaw will authorize you to sign-in to the GlobalTV web-site.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help