Jump to solution

-- Only way for me to get access to HGTV, W, Food and oth...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sparky1974 -- Only way for me to get access to HGTV, W, Food and other is to subscribe to StackTV !? 

According to: https://www.wnetwork.com/channel-finder/

you may use Amazon Prime to access the "W Network", if you are subscribed to Prime.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi!  Were you ever able to get into the app successfully?...

gmattern
Grasshopper

Hi! 

Were you ever able to get into the app successfully? I just went through with an agent who said they reset everything and it's still not working for me. I too, only got the cable for the streaming, and I'm very frustrated that this is *still* an issue.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What error message do you get when you try to login? Are...

rstra
Grand Master

@gmattern  What error message do you get when you try to login? Are you able to login and watch with BlueCurve TV? Try creating a new Shaw ID and logging in with it. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

When I log into Global, I get this: "It appears you do no...

gmattern
Grasshopper

When I log into Global, I get this: "It appears you do not currently have access to any channels via your TV provider. This may be due to an issue with your account. Please contact your TV provider for information." and it tells me I can only access Global News. I am able to login and watch with BlueCurveTV. I did make a new Shaw ID and tried logging in with that and get the same message.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Try contacting Shaw again, maybe a different rep can help...

rstra
Grand Master

@gmattern  Try contacting Shaw again, maybe a different rep can help  Which TV package do you subscribe to?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I subscribe to Limited Cable. And, yeah, I'm going to hav...

gmattern
Grasshopper

I subscribe to Limited Cable. And, yeah, I'm going to have to talk to Shaw again, I have now talked to Global and they have directed me back to Shaw (as expected).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I wonder if it has something to do with Limited TV? Per S...

rstra
Grand Master

@gmattern  I wonder if it has something to do with Limited TV? Per Shaw:

Limited TV subscribers will have access to live tv. Limited TV subscribers will require a minimum of $30.00/month in video services to access Video on Demand.

I don’t know if this includes equipment rentals.   When you use the BlueCurve app, can you access on demand or just live tv?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That's an interesting question... So, I do have a box (th...

gmattern
Grasshopper

That's an interesting question...

So, I do have a box (though I haven't hooked it up because I just wanted to access the apps). When I use the BlueCurve app, I can only watch live. However, when I access the CTV app I can watch on demand, but I can only watch live on the CityTV app as far as I can tell.

I am on live with a chat tech right now and they just told me that "we are unable to perform entitlements refresh to a third party service".

I'm really frustrated with the whole business right now.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The reps are so poorly trained now, I am not sure why the...

rstra
Grand Master

@gmattern  The reps are so poorly trained now, I am not sure why they are even there, other than to try and upsell. If you have Twitter, you could ask the Shaw Help people, they seem to be more knowledgeable and were able to help me with an issue that the phone and chat reps couldn’t.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- "we are unable to perform entitlements refresh to a th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gmattern -- "we are unable to perform entitlements refresh to a third-party service".

Sigh.  A well-trained Shaw Agent should be able to do exactly that.

Try calling Shaw after 10 PM Pacific, to get connected to a Shaw Call Centre (Belize? Ontario? Maritimes?) to get a better-trained Agent, while the local office is closed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help