I've asked before but gotten no answer

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Hi I figure I'd ask again, but why is it that Shaw no longer has more flexible tv plans for instance Small TV would have been perfect for me but I now have with my current plan I have lots of channels that I don't watch & if I downgraded to Limited tv with 2 or 3 theme packs (including both tsn & Sportsnet which are $15 each or $25  for both which really is not worth it especially when Telus has both theme packs which have then same channels has Shaw for $8 each) I'd be paying pretty well the same I am as now so that's not worth it for me, I think you would attract more new customers if you had more options, like Small TV or Medium TV or the old Tier 1 or 2 or 3 which some of you may remember 

Labels (1)
8 Replies

This would be great to have again as options

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

FB_IMG_1576983980564.jpg

•  

This would be great to have again as options

Thanks for your feedback! Our teams do re-evaluate our pa...

shaw-valerie

@CoffeeLover909 Thanks for your feedback! Our teams do re-evaluate our package offerings from time to time, and I will pass along your comments to them! 

0 Kudos

You can preserve your older legacy plans when negotiating...

rickatk
Master

@CoffeeLover909 wrote:

Hi I figure I'd ask again, but why is it that Shaw no longer has more flexible tv plans for instance Small TV would have been perfect for me but I now have with my current plan I have lots of channels that I don't watch & if I downgraded to Limited tv with 2 or 3 theme packs (including both tsn & Sportsnet which are $15 each or $25  for both which really is not worth it especially when Telus has both theme packs which have then same channels has Shaw for $8 each) I'd be paying pretty well the same I am as now so that's not worth it for me, I think you would attract more new customers if you had more options, like Small TV or Medium TV or the old Tier 1 or 2 or 3 which some of you may remember 

You can preserve your older legacy plans when negotiating a new two year agreement.

0 Kudos

You can add me to this request.  I also think Shaw should...

jenspoke
Grasshopper

You can add me to this request.  I also think Shaw should bring back the Tier 1, 2, 3 option and/or Small, Medium Large pkgs. I'd even go further back and ask Shaw consider bringing back the Classic tv.  

I agree also as we have been with Shaw for maybe 40 years...

ursinalberta
Grasshopper

I agree also as we have been with Shaw for maybe 40 years and still have tier 1,2,3 and don't want the hassle of changing to something else!

Now our HD PVR  Pace D758D (with 1TB Expander)is now being deleted from their supported PVR's and it seems that the newer PVR's are a step backwards for many of the often used features.:

Such as "Swap" between to different channels (and be able to rewind in them to see what was missed while on the other channel)--- FF & REW smoothly and also frame by frame view ---Skip Fwd(30sec)-Skip back(15sec)---Colour coded background in Guide (movies,sports etc) --- And if anyone has a suggestion as to which PVR to go to?? let me know. We only watch TV in the livingroom .but we do have a TV down stairs that might be used once a year.

0 Kudos

Tried to edit to read as below  but it would not let me s...

ursinalberta
Grasshopper

Tried to edit to read as below  but it would not let me so I replied instead.

I agree also as we have been with Shaw for maybe 40 years (FYI also have Internet) and still have tier 1,2,3 and don't want the hassle of changing to something else!

Now our HD PVR  Pace DC758D (with 1TB Expander)is now being "deleted from their supported PVR's"(This means I will be leaving a top of the line PVR "that I own and still works fine" but will now no longer work---- to probably being offered a much lower quality PVR that is a rental but at no charge-- BUT what happens in a couple of years when the rental unit is no longer supported do I then have to start paying???

And and it seems that the newer PVR's are a step backwards for many of the often used features.:

Such as "Swap" between to different channels (and be able to rewind in them to see what was missed while on the other channel)--- FF & REW smoothly and also frame by frame view ---Skip Fwd(30sec)-Skip back(15sec)---Colour coded background in Guide (movies,sports etc) --- And if anyone has a suggestion as to which PVR to go to?? let me know. We only watch TV in the livingroom .but we do have a TV down stairs that might be used once a year.

Also why after 40 yrs would I now need to sign a contract?

We will see what they offer to a long time customer-or - may have to move on.

0 Kudos

you will be in a contract and yes prices are bit more pri...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

you will be in a contract and yes prices are bit more pricey but you get newer equipment.  if you sign a new 2 year value-plan, you get free rental on equipment and modem.  also you get bit more channels on total tv and or you can get limited tv, also get faster speeds of internet.  hope it helps

https://www.shaw.ca/offers

0 Kudos

-- what happens in a couple of years when the rental unit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ursinalberta -- what happens in a couple of years when the rental unit is no longer supported do I then have to start paying???

No Shaw employee who wants to stay employed will give you a definitive answer about "corporate policy".

However, my guess is that Shaw will continue will do what they currently are doing. Recently, I have helped two separate friends, after Shaw shipped them newer PVRs, after their PVRs were "retired". No, they did not get the BlueCurve box.

> and it seems that the newer PVR's are a step backwards for many of the often used features

On the BlueCurve, tap "record" before switching to a different channel. After switching, tap "record". Then, you can switch back-and-forth, as often as needed.

> suggestion for a PVR

Look on sites like www.used.ca and Craig's List, to find Gateway PVRs for sale by people who have switched to Telus. Currently, I see one seller listing as "free", and another at $10.  🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help