Ignite Entertainment Box not connecting to TV

poolguybob
Grasshopper

Shaw/Rogers recently upgraded our tv equipment to XiOne entertainment boxes (5). All work fine except the one connected to our main tv, a 2 yr old Samsung smart tv. The power button on the remote turns on the box and the tv at the same time. When the power button is pressed the box turns on and sometimes (less than 50% of the time) the tv connects to the box and a channel appears within a few seconds. However... most of the time a black or blue screen appears. If it's the black one the picture sometimes appears after a minute or so. If it's the the blue screen you're hooped, nothing's going to happen. You need to shut it off and try again. Sometimes the screen starts black but after a few seconds turns blue, then you're hooped. Shaw replaced the box but the new one does the same thing. Should I request a service call cuz sure as heck it'll work perfectly when the technician tries it and I'll look like an idiot. Why does the XiOne box hate my tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Can you try a different hdmi port on your TV? I have hear...

rstra
Grand Master

@poolguybob  Can you try a different hdmi port on your TV? I have heard of handshake issues with Samsung TVs. 

0 Kudos

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks

poolguybob
Grasshopper

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks

0 Kudos