Ignite records every episode

seniorcitizen
Grasshopper

What is up with Ignite record?  It only gives two main options: "Just this episode" or "All Episodes".  If you select "Just this episode" it records every time that episode is on.  So if the episode is shown on different stations and/or at multiple times it records them all.  We only want one recording - we do not need multiple recordings of the same episode. 

If you then go into Recording Options it only gives three: Save (until capacity), Start (time) and Stop (time). 

There used to be an option to "Record New Episodes Only" but that has gone.  In this day and age, why is there no option to chose which recording you want by either channel and/or date and time?????

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Find the program and select OK/Record, select All Episode...

rstra
Grand Master

@seniorcitizen  Find the program and select OK/Record, select All Episodes. You will see some options, and the option to record New Episodes Only, select Confirm.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-schedule-a-recording-with-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/5189#conte...

rstra aka Grand Master Is Blue Curve the same as Ignite?

Barry604
Grasshopper

rstra aka Grand Master

Is Blue Curve the same as Ignite?  

0 Kudos

Yes, it is.

rstra
Grand Master

@Barry604  Yes, it is. 

0 Kudos

I have discovered how to avoid multiple recordings of the...

Barry604
Grasshopper

I have discovered how to avoid multiple recordings of the same show on multiple channels.  On the Record Options there is a Channel option and scrolling through there are:  HD, SD or the Channel that you are on.   Choosing HD will record the show which may appear on other channels ie all HD channels that broadcast that show/series.  You scroll from HD to SD and the last choice will be the channel that the show/program is on from which you are currently watching.

0 Kudos

Does anyone at Rogers followup on this? This does not hap...

tc10
Grasshopper

Does anyone at Rogers followup on this?

This does not happen on my Shaw Arris TV Gateway.

It records the show once.

0 Kudos

wrote: This does not happen on my Shaw Arris TV Gateway....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 wrote: This does not happen on my Shaw Arris TV Gateway. It records the show once.

Do you want to record every episode and/or every channel?  You can do this with your legacy hardware.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help